Job description / Role
- To be an ambassador of the Front Office and of the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To always keep the working area clean and well maintained.
- To supervise the Front Office operations, including the GSO, CID, and Communication Centre ensuring that the hotel standards and procedures are fully known and followed.
- To control that the arrival lists are updated, transportation and airport services are scheduled and to block all the rooms according to guest requests and needs.
- To daily control the guest files and folios, ensuring that all the immigration, financial and audit procedures are fully respected.
- Ensure that Guest History records are accurately maintained and all recurring guests are pre-registered.
- Departure lists are updated, check-out times are respected and that the transportation needs are scheduled.
- To ensure a proper handover between the shifts.
- Ensure the procedure of check-in/check-out, inquiries, key handling and all related matters, respecting the hotel standards and procedures.
- Ensure there are enough requisitions for the smooth running of the operation.
- To properly use the telephone etiquette as per Sofitel standards.
- To offer a warm welcome to all guests and to ensure that they enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service.
- To personally greet and escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
- To respect the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by resolving it and making sure the guest is satisfied, and recording it.
- To share daily activity highlights with the supervisor and manager including internal and external guest opportunities.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
- To maintain an accurate Guest History and to pre-register all recurring guests.
- To check the arrival lists and to block all the rooms according to guest requests and needs, as advised by the Front Office Supervisor.
- To daily handle the guest files and folios, ensuring that all the immigration, financial and audit procedures are fully respected.
- To do a proper cashier closer and to ensure a complete handover between the shifts.
- To be aware of forged currency and travelers checks and to respect all the financial and audit procedures.
- To check the departure lists and to ensure check-out times are respected.
- To monitor room status and discrepancies.
- To properly use all the equipment and Fidelio management system, to have a perfect knowledge of the set ups.
- To strictly respect the room keys and section keys handover procedures.
- To daily follow the checklists.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
- To daily read the F/O logbook, to update it and to sign it.
- To be aware of all hotel facilities operating timing and to promote the internal activities and events.
- To up sell Rooms, Food and Beverage outlets and other facilities whenever opportunities arise.
- To be updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To be updated with the competitors' offerings and rates.
- To liaise closely with the Sales and Reservations on rate management.
- To attend a daily line up briefing with the Front Office team to recapitulate tasks and activity.
- To promote the Accor loyalty programs.
- To maintain an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the team.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub sections of the Front Office Department.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Front Office Supervisor and the Assistant Front Office Manager.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.