Job description / Role
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for supervising the operations at the reception to ensure that the highest professional services are given to all guests in accordance with the Kempinski and luxury hospitality service standards.
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah is located on the Palm, one of Dubai's most sought-after areas, a stay here means being immersed in luxury. It offers 244 luxurious suites, villas and penthouses, situated on five sprawling acres of territory. It combines five Food and Beverage outlets, the Parisian-inspired Cinq Mondes Spa, and private beach.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and supervise the day to day operations of the Reception section which are related to the arrival and departure of guests, including the room sales, the room assignments of VIPs, Groups and Crews and room registrations.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of direct subordinates and verify that all Front Office colleagues are well groomed in order to ensure guests' satisfaction and adherence to service standards.
- Carry out training for new employees and on the job training.
- Handle guest requests and complaints in a polite and efficient manner.
- Liaise and coordinate with various departments to ensure all information on guests are accurate such as rate, room type, billing, guest requests and oversee that guests' specific requirements are addressed in an efficient manner.
- Keep abreast on hotel products and services as well as on tourist and business traveling information that may be of any interest to our guests.
- Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as briefing, producing, reviewing and writing reports and other specific duties related to the job function.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Hotel Apprenticeship
- Diploma in Hospitality Management or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years' experience in a similar role, preferably in an international five star hotel
- Solid Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Advanced knowledge of Opera
- Basic knowledge of Micros
- English - excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language - beneficial
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.