Job description / Role
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for the smooth operation of the Front Office department. They are also considered to be the Manger on Duty. All problems must be attended to and solved using the resources of other colleagues and leaders.
Nestled amongst the hidden valleys of the majestic Al Hajar Mountains, Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort lies along the coastal region of Dibba, the second largest town in the emirate of Fujairah. Set against a dramatic backdrop of rugged terrain, travelers can expect to discover a destination lauded for its natural beauty, with archeological and heritage sites all within easy accessibility from the resort.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• The Front Desk Supervisor is required at all times to set a high example in regards to punctuality, appearance, attitude, leadership, guest relations, observance of Hotel Policies and Procedures, loyalty to management and interdepartmental cooperation.
• Supporting company and hotel policies and procedures including the promotion and participation in JDP, LQA, Colleague Engagement, Health and Safety and GSI initiatives.
• To use discretion and tact when dealing with guest problems or complaints in an efficient and professional manner without detriment to the Hotel and/or its reputation.
• To advise the Director of Rooms of any matters relating to guests, their welfare and behavior as considered desirable for various reasons.
• Ensuring at all employees within Front Office are fully aware of the daily inventory, yield and revenue management, and sell rates.
• Attend to all guest complaints immediately and initiate follow up. It is imperative that all guest complaints are dealt with promptly in order to attain Guest satisfaction and the protection of the Hotel’s Interest.
• In all incidents, provide management with reports and recommend actions to avoid repetition of any incident, accident theft, complaints etc.
• Ensure maximum safety for guests, patron and employees during emergencies. The protection of hotels interests must be the major concern.
• To be fully trained in emergency procedures and to assist in carrying out any practice drills.
• Make regular rounds of the Hotel to ensure smooth operations in all areas.
• Supervision of Front Desk colleagues, assisting in check in and checkouts.
• Perform any other related duties assigned to him/her by the Director of Rooms.
• An unbiased report must be sent to all concerned at the completion of the shift.
• The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for the smooth operation of the hotel. He/She must make decisions on all matters involving guest contact with hotel colleagues. In absence of the Director of Rooms He/She has full authority to make decisions concerning Front Office.
• Proficient in the English (verbal & written)
• Knowledge of Fidelio, Opera CRS; Opera PM; Opera Sales & Catering; MS Outlook; Word; Excel; Power Point; Meeting Matrix
• Minimum of two-year previous Front Office supervisory experience.
• Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days off, assignment and additional duties.
• Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegating skills.
• Highest guest service skills, talent and knowledge with the vision and ability to lead employees to excellence.
• Diploma in Hotel management an asset.
• Previous International experience essential.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Apply Today: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Office Host (Pre-opening)
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jul|
Administration & Operations Executive
A Leading Educational Organization in UAE
Front Desk Agent
HR / Recruitment Administrator
|Abu Dhabi||9 Sep|