Job description / Role
• Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include but be unlimited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
• Monitors & reports on the proper maintenance of all hotel vehicles and ensures that these are in good running condition.
• Ensures the staff adheres to the Hygiene and Grooming standards.
• Follows preventive maintenance measures to avoid major vehicle repair.
• Ensures that special assignments to staff are properly disseminated, e.g. weddings, VIPs, special trips, etc.
• Ensures that all vehicles undergo monthly servicing/tune-up.
• Liaises with Reservations on daily basis to prepare daily transport movements. Liaises with the Admin Departments as well for the same purpose.
• Liaises with Airport representative on a daily basis to schedule and dispatch drivers according to the flight arrival time for the guest pick up.
• Ensures compliance with all the policies and procedures of the department and the policies and procedures of RIU Hotels & Resorts.
• Addresses guest request in the best way possible.
• Ensures effective communication among all areas of the Front Office.
• Trains, motivates and closely supervise all staff within the scope of responsibility.
• Ensure that guests are not made to wait for service or information.
• Coordinates with Housekeeping on room requirements for the day.
• Ensures that requirements of the groups and airline conventions are met and ensures the proper accounting of charges is in order.
• Follow up on outstanding charges of guests.
• Coordinates with other departments/companies in order to best satisfy guests’ needs.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Front Office Manager
About the Company
A joint venture between Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels & Resorts, RIU Dubai located at Deira Islands, is the emirate's first four-star, 24-hour all-inclusive beachfront resort.