Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist®" describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio & Ibis Styles
We create memorable stories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch.
We discover together and are flexible to our guest's discerning needs.
Trendy, curious, creative and open minded blended with entrepreneurial spirit; our Heartists® bring life into the cluster.
- Responsible for the sales, the organization and the quality of the services delivered to the customer for the Front Office department.
- Covering daily Front Office Supervisor Tasks: handle different guest challenges and situations and be part of the first response emergency team.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Assistant Front Office Manager.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Is responsible for the Front Office team in the absence of the Assistant Front Office Manager during his/her day off or holidays.
- Define the organization of work to be performed by the team members, and supervise, co-ordinate and plan daily activities of personnel.
- Responsible for the Front Office, Reception Agents, Bell Desk, Drivers, Airport Representatives.
- Ensure that the standards of the Brand and all associated procedures are applied on a day-to-day basis.
- Organize Front Office department related activities.
- Organize the daily briefing and together with the FOM the monthly department meeting
- Brief front-office staff on events, promotions etc.
- Aware about local requirements (follow up and responsible for DTCM reports and Police requirements).
- Aware of visa procedures of sponsored guests and follow up of incoming guest.
- Ensure the achievement of the highest occupancy in the complex at the best rate, as per hotel target.
- Prepare the daily sheet and organize a morning briefing with FO morning shift (handover to the shift leader eventual problems).
- In charge of planning of the FO department during the night.
- Cover Front Office Supervisor Tasks: provide a first response in case of guest issues, liaising with the Assistant Front Office Manager and with the HODs (Front Office, Housekeeping, F&B, Security, Engineering), update the Front Office Supervisor log and be part of the first response emergency team.
- Ensure that there is compliance to all work legislation in the departments.
- Pay special attention to proper upkeep of the hotel, especially of the front desk, hallways, the lobby and the Parking lot and rooms.
- Develop a spirit of conquest, service and creativity in the team.
- Be aware of room status and also the competitors' status.
- Assists all Front Desk activities when needed.
- Attends VIP's arrival.
- Ensures the prompt and correct updating of the CID system.
- Maintains good public relation with guests and customers.
- Maintains and improve quality service in Front office.
- Ensures that the Front Office team welcomes the customer properly.
- Ensures guests are attended quickly and any complaints handled tactfully and diplomatically.
- Receives and deal with verbal complaints and keeps the HODs updated.
- Controls the follow up of all departmental procedures.
- Ensures that all entries in the logbook are read and followed up if necessary.
- Ensures that there are ample stocks of all items needed and initiate requisition for supplies running low.
- Trains junior team members and co-ordinate the monthly on the job training for the whole department.
- Prepares and check the work schedules.
- Attends departmental meetings and training programs.
- Optimizes the occupancy rate and average room rate.
- Liaises with reservation, with all booking and immigration issues (Visas)
- Supervises all departments during the night;
- Keeps relation with Police and other local authority.
- Ensures all morning openings of department (FO, OP, HSK, F&B outlet).
- Coordinates with Security in the hotel.
- Maintains discipline among staff, appearance of staff in regards to proper upkeep of uniforms and maintain orderliness of the lobby.
- Solving difficult guest situation.
- Deal with overbooking ensuring the best revenue for the hotel and guest satisfaction
- Co-ordinate all walkover within the properties.
- Ensure that sufficient VC rooms are available for possible Walk-in clients during the night.
- Brief night staff about daily activity of the hotel
- Inspect all public areas, F&B outlets, back of the house, whenever possible take action or report to the HOD.
- Try to conserve energy and ensure cleanliness of the complex.
- Ensure close co-operation with other departments.
- Ensure the observance of hygiene and safety precautions to maintain a high standard in the hotel.
- Monitor junior team performance on a constant basis ensuring all procedures are carried out correctly.
- Check if all special rates have the appropriate authorization by competent person.
- Ensure that all entries in the logbook are read and followed up if necessary.
- Check credit limit report and follow up accordingly.
- Check discrepancy report and action accordingly.
- Check the management of "no-show".
- Ensure timely submission of all relevant reports and information to all departments in the morning. (GM, Finance, F&B, FO).
- Maintains the departmental bulletin board.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group's success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet.
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we're stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.