Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist © " describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Movenpick
The Place to Savour Life- We believe true hospitality is about turning small gestures into heartwarming moments.
We enable our guests to Savour the flavor of life, balancing small indulgence with what's good for them- and good for the world.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Operations and / or the Duty Manager and within the limits of the established Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policies and OSM (Operational Standards Manual), his/her responsibilities are to ensure all guests are given a personalized warm, friendly, courteous and efficient service at the Main Reception and to ensure all aspects of the department are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Strong accent is to be given to the hospitality towards the guest. This is ensured through maximum recognition and attention from arrival through departure. He/she is the "haven" for all sorts of problems that might occur to guests and therefore the first problem solver. This involves a high degree of accurate communication skills between the departments involved.
- Close co-ordination between all involved departments, e.g. Front Office, Housekeeping, Recreation as well as Food and Beverage regarding guest needs
- Assisting his/her supervisor in implementing, supervising and adhering to the Operational Standards as well as the Hotel's internal procedures for guest treatment
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Front Office and Recreation procedures as well as with related Mövenpick Operational Standards,
- He/she recognizes arising guest problems and complaints early enough to satisfy the guest as early as possible to reach the target of "zero complaints".
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Organisation of Repeat Guest filing administration
- Up-keeping of Hotel/Guest Information booklets and pamphlets.
- Co-operation with Housekeeping / F&B and Front Office.
- Room allocation, identify guest needs.
- MIPs & RIPs preparation.
- Awareness of outside activities/recreation etc.
- Perform as per OSM Standards and in line with the Company's Values and Core Behaviours.
- Be fully aware of the daily information and activities.
- Properly groomed at all times
- Drive "Cherish" and Guest targets to be met.
- Show fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of hotel information and local services, including operating hours, promotions, events, attractions and any allied information.
- Actively elicit guest feedback and preferences, regarding hotel services and ensure action is initiated on the same to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest service personnel to ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention from arrival through departure.
- Handle guest complaints and assist in maintaining smooth relationships between management and guests by resolving problems arising from guest complaints and attending to their requests or queries with dispatch immediately.
- Responsible for an efficient, clean, safe and hygienic upholding of all front office area.
- Assure compliance and coordination of guest's needs, requests and personal preference.
- Organize and implement all special needs, personal preferences and amenity distribution in accordance to the department's standards.
- Ensures adherence to company and hotel policies by all departmental employees.
- Provides General Manager with a summary of activities and operations during the night shift by preparing a daily written logbook.
- Insures guests' satisfaction by resolving and taking appropriate actions on all guests' complaints.
- Calls General Manager and concerned HOD's without delay for any fire, bomb threat, burglary or death that has occurred on the premises during the shift.
- Calls Hotel Doctor, GM, FOM and Security Manager in case of guest accident.
- Handle all employees' accident as per hotel policy.
- Ensures hotel's employees grooming & appearance standards are met.
- Trains new Guest services department personnel.
- Answers letters of inquiry regarding rates and availability.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the room rack locations types of rooms, room rack operations, package plans, hotel facilities.
- Display a pro-active and leading role in terms of service, culture, development, team image, systems, procedures and skill development.
- Take reservations using the hotel reservation system, ensuring maximum occupancy and rates are obtained.
- Maintains hotel's level of cleanliness and sanitation (hygiene) in accordance with Regent standards by conducting inspections and taking appropriate action.
- Check guests in and out, including preparation of guest bills and authorizing payments.
- Responsible for cash handling including float and banking.
- Dealing efficiently with day to day billing and guest service queries.
- Report anything considered a health and safety hazard.
- Using information available, plan and control both the preparation of future shifts and effective communication to the team.
- To act as a duty manager for the hotel, ensuring all guests are satisfied, both internal and external.
- Allocation of all rooms to include, special requests, sofa bed rooms and any other requirements as directed by the FOM.
- Authorizes payments in case of emergencies.
- Maintain policy of the power saving.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Heartists Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Desk Agent
Customer Service Assistant
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services
Royal Camel Dairy Foodstuff