Job description / Role
Discover the warm French-Polynesian welcome of our luxury 5 star beach resort situated on the East Crescent of the world famous Palm Jumeirah, offering a rejuvenating escape inspired by the rich culture of the South Pacific.
Nestled amongst lush greenery on the idyllic shores of the Arabian Gulf, Sofitel Dubai The Palm offers a tropical and relaxing sanctuary, only a short distance away from the vibrant, buzzing metropolis of Dubai.
With magnifique touches of French elegance interlaced throughout the hotel, we invite you to 'Live the French way' and indulge in excellence.
- Responsible for the sales, the organization and the quality of the services delivered to the customer for the Front Office department.
- Covering daily Front Office Supervisor Tasks: handle different guest challenges and situations and be part of the first response emergency team.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Assistant Front Office Manager.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Replace efficiently the Assistant Front Office Manager during his/her day off or holidays.
- Define the organization of work to be performed by the team members, and supervise, co-ordinate and plan daily activities of personnel.
- Responsible for the Front Office operational - Reception Agents and Bellpersons.
- Ensure that the standards of the Brand and all associated procedures are applied on a day-to-day basis.
- Organize Front Office department related activities.
- Organize the daily briefing and together with the Assistant Front Office Manager the monthly department meeting
- Brief front-office staff on events, promotions etc.
- Aware about local requirements (follow up and responsible for DTCM reports and Police requirements).
- Ensure the achievement of the highest occupancy in the complex at the best rate, as per hotel target.
- Prepare the daily sheet and organize a briefing with Reception and Bellpersons (handover to the next shift leader).
- In charge of planning of the FO department during the night.
- Provide a first response in case of guest issues, liaising with the Cluster Rooms Division Manager and with the HODs (Front Office, F&B, Security, Engineering), update the Front Office Supervisor log and be part of the first response emergency team.
- Ensure that there is compliance to all work legislation in the departments.
- Pay special attention to proper upkeep of the hotel, especially of the front desk, hallways, the lobby and the Parking lot and rooms.
- Trains team members and co-ordinate the monthly on the job training for the whole department.
- Prepares and check the work schedules.
- Brief night staff about daily activity of the hotel
- Try to conserve energy and ensure cleanliness of the complex.
- Ensure close co-operation with other departments.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or similar preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years operational experience in Front office functions
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Excellent team player and communication skills
- Service focused personality is essential; experience is an asset
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.