Job description / Role
The main point of contact for the guests upon arrival until their departure and to handle all enquiries throughout their stay in a friendly and effective manner.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comprehensive knowledge of the Hotel, including all departments, services and outlets.
• Provide a warm welcome to all guests on arrival.
• Take payment from guests on departure and close their bills accurately.
• Ensure that the Front Stage/Guest Services Desk is manned at all times, as well as operationally prepared and stocked with all required items.
• Update all information given by guests on the Registration Card on check-in into Opera, making sure that all required information has been provided.
• File all Registration Cards and dockets for in-house guests in appropriate buckets and perform regular bucket-checks.
• Carry out a Routing Instruction Report regularly and ensure that all required back-up is attached to the Registration Cards neatly.
• Check and action traces in Opera on arrival and departure as well as setting traces sensibly at all times.
• Assist with escorting guests to their rooms on arrival, explaining all the features and facilities.
• Work towards maximizing room revenue by up-selling to a higher rate category and selling the highest possible rates for walk-in guests.
• Carry out cashiering duties like foreign currency exchange, paid-outs, etc.
• Close the individual cashier audit at the end of each shift, ensuring that all details balance.
• Maintain a cash float and take full responsibility for it, ensuring that it is balanced at all times.
• Minimize rebates and ensure that they all have sufficient justification, back-up and signatures.
• Perform any related duties and special projects as requested by Management.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Receptionist/Guest Service position at Front Stage, preferably in an international five-star hotel with more than 500 rooms.
• College Diploma in Hospitality Management.
About the Company
For over a decade, the rich and diverse real estate portfolio of DAMAC Properties has been at the forefront of the Middle East's luxury real estate market. With an enduring passion for design and quality, the company has built a reputation for creating some of the most iconic and desirable properties in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Oman and Lebanon.
Established in 2002, DAMAC Properties has completed over 21,700+ homes and currently has a development portfolio of over 44,000 units at various stages of planning and progress. DAMAC Properties' hospitality portfolio will extend to reach around 13,000 units of hotel rooms, serviced hotel apartments and serviced villas. As of 30th June 2018.
As a leading player in the market, DAMAC Properties has joined forces with some of the most recognisable fashion and lifestyle brands in the world to bring new and exciting living concepts to the market. Projects include a Tiger Woods designed golf course which will be managed by The Trump Organisation, luxury apartments with interiors by Italian fashion-house Versace, luxury apartments and villas with interiors by Fendi, uniquely conceptualised Paramount Hotels and Resorts to bring serviced living at it most opulent and Bugatti-styled villas providing the true expression of luxury living.
ManpowerGroup Middle East
Receptionist and Admin Assistant
Unique TAJ HR Consultancy
RTC-1 Employment Services