Job description / Role
Senior role within the Regulatory department of a major multinational business, primary focus on FS Regulatory matters. This is very much a global role, working across 17 different geographies and dealing with a varied list of internationally recognised regulatory bodies
Multinational corporation within professional services. Large and well structured legal team in place, made up largely of US/UK/Aus qualified lawyers
* Be primary contact for firm's response to regulatory inquiries, and manage investigations
* Be primary contact for dealing with regulators internationally
* Provide advice in dealing with liquidators and bankruptcy situations (pre-litigation)
* Provide internal guidelines, templates and updates on policies as required
* Inhouse regulatory roles are a rarity in the current market, but given the constantly changing regulatory landscape it is an exciting area to be working in. This organisation is very much at the forefront and the work is therefore complex, fast paced and exciting.
This hire will have a senior role within the team and will be working alongside professionals who are at the very top of their game. The brand name is also very strong and will be beneficial to have on any CV.
* The ideal candidate will be coming from either an international (US or UK) law firm, or inhouse from a regulator. Strong preference would be shown to those coming from well known bodies such as DFSA in Dubai and FCA in London.
* We may also consider candidates coming from banks and FS companies, as long as they have had a significant focus on regulatory work in their role (including conducting investigations).
* Arabic language skills would be an advantage but are not a requirement.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.