FX Sales Specialist
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
FX specialists work closely with all business channels to provide subject matter expertise relating to FX processes and opportunities. Working across all PBG customer segments to increase the volume and value of spot FX trades; thereby increasing Non Funded Income revenue
- Ensure the delivery of PBG NFI relating to FX performance.
- Conducting regular training, coaching and development of all customer facing staff on the dynamics of CBD's online and offline FX capabilities.
- Increasing PBG customer base penetration of FX products.
- Holding joint meetings with RMs and clients to act as a subject matter expert on CBD FX.
- Running scheduled and adhoc / opportunistic market calls on FX opportunities and the broader market outlook affecting currencies.
- Working closely with product managers and treasury desk to run periodic tactical campaigns targeting both new-to-bank and ETB clients.
- Help to broker deals with HNW customers.
- Keep abreast with the developments in the global and regional capital markets in order to provide high quality of advice.
- Ensure consistency of high level of client service.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Establish a strong pipeline of clients and currency pairs of interest in order to better execution sudden movement in markets and mobilize quick responses.
- Work with digital and marketing teams and other stakeholders to develop the bank information collaterals relating to FX and also digital booking capabilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Business Management or Science
- 5+ Years' experience in wealth management, investment sales, FX or client advisory with a strong grounding in Consumer banking
- Excellent understanding of global capital markets and FX products
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.