Job description / Role
Al Ghurair Properties is looking to hire a Gasoline Trader for it's Energy sector who will be responsible for developing profitable commercial opportunities within the Trading team. This requires developing strong relationships with producers, refiners, and transporters within the region of coverage; the ability to identify profitable opportunities in a competitive environment; the ability to develop a strong understanding of area-wide logistics; and identifying and managing the associated trading risks that these opportunities create.
• Purchasing and Selling blend components and finished products for our clients system
• Purchasing and selling gasoline from/to 3rd parties on a "trading" basis
• Monitoring price arbitrage opportunities for gasoline and gasoline components and trading to capture opportunities
• Developing and managing gasoline blending and storage positions utilizing storage locations
• Utilizing the futures and derivative markets for inventory hedging and speculative trading
• Evaluating markets and market trends and communicating with other Supply & Trading offices
• Ensuring all trading activities are conducted within appropriate delegations of authority and conform to Risk Manual Guidelines
• Negotiating term and spot contracts for sales and purchases of finished products and blend stocks. Ensuring each contract is performed in accordance with agreed terms
• Coordinating intercompany purchase/sale opportunities within the organization and keeping fully informed of market conditions in order to formulate an optimal refinery plan and identifying market opportunities
• Identifying and executing 3rd Party trades on a “for profit basis” and utilizing the appropriate paper markets to hedge and optimize positions
• Degree level (or equivalent) Chemical Engineering or economic/business qualification.
• Extremely commercially orientated with sound business judgement.
• Should be self-starters with excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic high-pressure team environment.
• An innovative outlook is essential, with a real desire to move the business forward.
• A flexible approach to working hours is vital to accommodate the significant variation in workloads associated with a busy trading operation. Periodic travel may be required.
• Experience or Knowledge of gasoline market(s)
• Experience in gasoline blending and managing gasoline storage locations
• Excellent proven track record and be strongly driven towards future success
• At least 5 years’ experience within the field of Gasoline Trading
• Strong logistics and trading knowledge of
• Mainly focusing on physical trading but also knowledgeable in Paper Trading
• Maintain strong relationships with Clients and Suppliers
• Extensive experience of blending processes
About the Company
Al Ghurair Properties is a pioneering real estate operation which develops and manages commercial, residential, hospitality and mixed use developments. For three decades, Project Development and Asset Management has been our stock in trade, catering to Dubai communities and business sector.
Jet A1 Trader
Al Ghurair Properties
Dubai Properties (DP)
Sales Executive - Apartments (Residences)