Job description / Role
We are looking for qualified and experienced General Accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in conjunction with the Finance Controller
- Manage Client Profiles / Group Sister Company profiles
- Post journal entries accurately to tally balance sheets.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheets and general ledger accounts
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Perform all necessary account, bank, and other reconciliations
- Maintain bank transfers and related documents and files
- Prepare payments for signature
- Process invoice and payments on timely basis
- Follow up on the receivables
- Prepare payments for suppliers, utilities, and other expenses
- Process SIF File for WPS payroll
- Assisting with annual audit preparation
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing VAT returns
- Communicate effectively with clients and Management
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
- Current Location: UAE and availability to join immediately
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant – MANDATORY
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Extremely knowledgeable about VAT in the UAE
- Proven experience as a General Accountant for a minimum of 3 years.
- Strong financial analysis skills - Must have budgeting/forecasting experience.
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close processes
- Must be familiar with exchange of foreign currencies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent MS Excel capabilities
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
About the Company
Kelmer Group is an International Business Consulting company, providing its clients with customized solutions to help them expand their business around the world. Through its wide range of dedicated services, solving bureaucratic, administrative and fiscal issues from the start-up to the day-by-day operational routine, Kelmer Group works to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs and foreign markets.
Since its foundation, in 1997, with the opening of its first office in London, Kelmer Group has ensured its presence in the most strategic markets in Europe and Asia, such as UK and Ireland, UAE and China. In 2018, Kelmer Group opens its new office in Singapore, as part of the expansion plan in the Far East. Thanks to its solid and growing network of offices, Kelmer Group has become the ideal one-stop-shop for internationalization.