Job description / Role
Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, only 3 stops away on the Dubai Metro from the Dubai World Trade Centre and a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
As a General Accountant, you will be responsible to assist maintaining a smooth operation within the Finance Department.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Verify expense reimbursement with supporting documents and ensure that they are in accordance with the policies and procedures either physical documents or through a digital system.
- Review and verify supplier payments with supporting invoices, LPOs, etc.
- Review operator, owning company and government payments with supporting documents and ensure it met the deadline.
- Review weekly AP aging and ensure that hotel and outsource teams doesn't have any payment outstanding over 60 days.
- Conduct cash float counting of all house fund holders on a monthly basis and prepare a monthly float count summary.
- Prepare Dubai municipality report and DTCM report for the monthly payments.
- Review the daily income packages for Swissotel team and ensure it is fully approved within 48 hours.
- Review the daily general cashier report and ensure it is fully approved within 48 hours.
- Review monthly upselling documents.
- Review the documents related to credit card refunds / Bank transfer refunds within 24 hours from the submission date to finance.
- Review and verify the daily and monthly income audit activities for outsource GL team and ensure that the team obtained signatures within 48 hours for the daily reports.
- Validate daily F&B cross posting between the both properties.
- To handle and coordinate internal FOCUS audit and to be the champion for all departments also to be in charge of all external audits.
- To replace income auditor, Paymaster, Accounts payable and general cashier during their annual leaves.
- To review balance sheet documents and month end closing prior to DOF review
- To handle any project / task assigned by DOF.
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in the department and in the field is preferred
- Previous experience in the hospitality department is a strong asset
- Accounting study back ground is a plus
- Organized and details oriented
- Good communication skills and great team player
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast pace environment
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality.
We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.