Job description / Role
We have been assigned a role from one of our clients, who is a luxury furniture company. They are looking for a General Accountant for their Manufacturing / Contracting Division to be based in Sharjah, UAE. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you should be able to execute all accounting works up to finalization, job costing, consolidation, and filing of the quarterly VAT return.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts, coordination, and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/support, as necessary.
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation, and analysis.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective action.
- Accounts payable function.
- Oversee taxes and abide by federal regulations.
To be considered for this job, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3 years of experience handling the accounting duties of manufacturing or contracting company
- Strong knowledge in finalization, job costing, consolidation, and filing of quarterly VAT
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a similar degree; candidates holding a Master’s in Commerce or CA, CPA, etc. qualifications are preferred
- Proficient in English
The working hours of the role will be from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM from Saturday to Thursday; as a benefit, you will be entitled to work alternate Saturdays with 6 days off in a month.
To view other vacancies we have, please check our website.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
The Botanic Atrium
|Abu Dhabi||24 Aug|
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
General Accountant - Real Estate Division
Black Pearl Consult
Accounting Officer / Accountant