Job description / Role
Main Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Oversee and control the all aspects concerning cash receipt and disbursement of Petty cash.
- To be Responsible for counting Front Office and Food and Beverage Cashier's cash envelope and depositing to the bank.
- Maintain and update receivable Accounts, billing and credit card.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient, and flexible service at all times, following the hotels Standards of Performance.
- To ensure that health, hygiene and safety regulations are complied with and applied in the department in compliance with HACCP standards and procedures.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To be responsible for collection of all daily bank deposits.
- To manage all cash float refurbishment including his/her own fund.
- To act as a petty cash disbursing agent.
- To be responsible for the Cash Receipt Book
- Collect the cash envelope of F/O and F&B Cashiers' from Safety Box and then count cash of each cashier with the previous cash sales under witness on a daily basis
- Receive cash for City Ledger, Tenant, and Incidentals and issue the official receipt.
- Disburse Petty Cash for each department.
- Report Daily Collection Report.
- To receive all cash and cheques sent by mail.
- To record all amounts received in the General Cashier Daily Report.
- To prepare and make the daily bank deposit.
- To maintain all in-house fund at operational level.
- To provide change for all cashiers and to reimbursed cash paid in suspense or paid for foreign exchange services performed by cashier.
- To maintain issued cheques and payment voucher for remittance to supplier.
- To keep in safe custody all cheques received as well as cash received by the hotel.
- To make cash payments after reviewing the Petty Cash Payment Request form.
- To prepare a weekly Petty Cash Disbursement accordingly.
- To issue official receipts for cash or cheques received daily.
- To prepare and record transaction of cash in the Cash Receipt Book.
- Log and inform your Supervisor of any system problems. Suggest any improvements that could be made to improve existing systems and procedures.
- Complete all duties, and ensure a concise hand over
- Follow guidelines outlined in the Accor Brand Standards Manual, Departmental Service Standards / Procedures Manual and Accor Policy Manuals
- Establish/maintain files for Accounts Receivable clients.
- Bill all companies in a timely manner in accordance with each contracted terms.
- Review Aging report daily and follow up as needed.
- Review and confirm Company and Group reservation and billing setup in PMS.
- Review all Company and Group contract details/track advance deposits.
- Perform credit checks on all clients requesting to be direct billed.
- Ensure that Company and Group accounts are being billed in a timely manner.
- Follow-up both verbally and/or in writing, on all past-due accounts.
- Maintain all Tax-Exempt documents and track Tax-Exempt revenues daily.
- Respond to all company Charge-backs and maintain Charge back Log daily.
- Credit card/cheques/direct transfer reconciliation with bank statement.
Level of Education
Areas of study
Economy, Finance, Accounting
1 to 2 years
Desired candidate should have a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in Hotel industry in similar role in UAE.
Must be computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English.
Should possess a strong character with a harmonious attitude to lead a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence. Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and Accor values with guests and associates.
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.