Job description / Role
You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential accounting duties to support your team. You communicate well with all contacts, anticipate and resolve issues, and update team your various projects.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Be a part of the Fairmont Flagship Hotel in the Middle East
- Experience the hustle of a dynamic, fast paced hotel located in the heart of the City's commercial district
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Organize and implement administrative systems & procedures, and perform necessary support duties
- Count and verify daily cash receipts that are submitted from individual cashiers.
- Document the reconciliation of all cash receipts to the PMS system and complete or assist in the completion of the daily cash over and short report.
- Consolidate and prepare the daily bank deposits in a timely manner
- Provide monetary change to personnel with hotel floats. Issue due-backs to hotel cashiers as required
- Perform a daily count of the main house bank and document all of these results. Send a copy to the appropriate accounting manager.
- The total must include banks issued and must tie to the general ledger house bank account.
- Prepare and maintain Over/Short Report by cashier on a daily basis and forward to Assistant Controller at month-end
- Maintain a daily cash over/short log.
- Prepare and maintain Over/Short Report by cashier on a daily basis and forward to Assistant Controller at month-end.
- Count and document all hotel floats quarterly, on a surprise basis, in the presence of the float holder as required by the Company's policies and procedures.
- Prepare a quarterly summary of float
- Maintain current house bank agreements. Issue cashier safety deposit boxes for bank safekeeping, as required
- Control and maintain gift certificates and travel voucher inventories
- Conduct house bank audits on a regular basis according to established guidelines
- Resolve any deposit discrepancies directly with the bank while keeping the Assistant Controller aware of the status of said discrepancies.
- Assist the Finance Department in the day-to-day operation of the department as required
- Handling the calendar and administration assistance for the Finance Leaders
- Scheduling and arranging appointments as required
- Responding to all telephone calls
- Compose correspondence such as letters, contracts, etc.
- Filing records as necessary
- Handle all office administration duties such as faxes, mail, phones, photocopying, office supplies
- Assist with events as appropriate, such as meetings, etc.
- Liaise with all Coordinators for contracts
- Manages the signature book and subsequent forms, ensuring accuracy with regards to vacation entitlements and promotions and salary changes
- Responsible for monthly invoices, monthly timesheets and reports
- All other tasks as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years administration experience, preferably within Human Resources and a hotel environment
- Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Competency using a variety of computer softwares
Your team and working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Fairmont DBI. Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Manpower Middle East
Dubai based Oil Shipping and Trading Company
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Office Administrator / Customer Service Assistant