Job description / Role
Discover the warm French-Polynesian welcome of our luxury 5 star beach resort situated on the East Crescent of the world famous Palm Jumeirah, offering a rejuvenating escape inspired by the rich culture of the South Pacific.
Nestled amongst lush greenery on the idyllic shores of the Arabian Gulf, Sofitel Dubai The Palm offers a tropical and relaxing sanctuary, only a short distance away from the vibrant, buzzing metropolis of Dubai.
With magnifique touches of French elegance interlaced throughout the hotel, we invite you to 'Live the French way' and indulge in excellence.
- To collect, with an assigned witness, all Front Office Clerks' and Food & Beverage Clerks' remittance envelopes from the drop-safe and to verify them against the Daily Witness Sheet.
- To count, together with the witness, cash, cheques and credit card vouchers and verify them to the Front Office Clerks' and Food & Beverage Clerks' computerized remittance report details.
- To prepare bank deposits of all cheques and cash, and to ensure that all cash collections are deposited intact.
- To compile all credit card sales vouchers by Credit Card Company, to balance them to the computer totals and to prepare them for banking-in daily.
- To update daily and to maintain by month ongoing transaction details by Credit Card Company.
- To obtain daily foreign exchange rates from bank sources and to have them updated in the PMS system.
- To disburse petty cash requests those have been approved by the Director of Finance and prepare Daily Summary of Disbursements.
- To count and balance his / her own house bank and prepare the recapitulation daily.
- To prepare the General Cashier's Daily Report by entering the day's detailed cash collections and all other payments received for review and completion by both Income Auditor and Finance Manager.
- To prepare such cash and foreign exchange control reports as may be required by local law.
- To ensure that cash advances are made only if they have the approval of both the General Manager and the Director of Finance.
- To assist, when required, in carrying out surprise cash counts.
- To assist to follow up on all the drafts being sent for clearing to the bank and liaise with the Finance Manager for any outstanding on hand.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Accounting & Finance Department or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Highly organized with strong multitasking skills
- Adapt in a multicultural environment
- Excellent listening abilities
- High attention to detail
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.