Job description / Role
Duties & Responsibilities
- Correct recording of guest checks on a timely basis
- Performs spot checks on outlet checks used.
- Having all voided checks, corrections and unsettled checks approved by the Restaurant Supervisor or Manager
- Reconciles total outlet sales to total charges.
- Ensures all rebates and miscellaneous charges are supported by documentation detailing the charges. All rebate credits must be in accordance with Finance Policy. The rebate credits, miscellaneous charges and paid outs must be summarized and sent to the Finance Manager and General Manager for review daily.
- Ensures that programs involving coupons, certificates, and vouchers are adequately controlled and safeguards are in place.
- Audits daily collection of the General Cashiers Summary against the bank in slip
- Audits and reconciles advance payments and ensures payments have been applied.
- Works with General Cashier to check all float totals regularly and keeps control on registers in outlets.
- Reconciles revenues on a daily basis via back up page.
- Performs various special projects as requested and assigned by management.
- Maintain current house bank agreements.
- Maintain the Cash Receipt Journal spreadsheet.
- Research and correct any other cashiering transactions needed.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.