Job description / Role
As General Counsel you will work closely wuth the Company's Executive Committee and provide strategic legal, compliance, audit and risk management advice.
Well known industrial material manufacturer involved in the construction of some of the UAE's most iconic structures.
* Manage, direct, motivate and drive a fully functional Legal and Compliance department.
* Give expert and timely counsel to the CEO, Executive Committee, and senior management for a variety of legal matters as required.
* Liaise with external parties such as judicial authorities, regulators, police, external counsel, clients, Public Prosecution and other law enforcement agencies on behalf of the company.
* Implement and control of a company- wide risk management system for monitoring regulatory compliance
* Competitive, tax-free salary.
* Clear path to progress within the organisation.
* Progressive, exciting environment
* Minimum of 12 years PQE, at least 10 years of legal exposure to the legal system in the UAE.
* Must have experience working in Legal function of publicly traded company.
* Must be qualified a qualified solicitor in the UK or comparable jurisdiction.
* Strong experience in industrial sector preferable.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.