Job description / Role
GC position with a large food production company in Abu Dhabi, sole counsel position requiring a generalist lawyer with ability to lead the business and think strategically
Food & drink company owned by a well known holding group. The business has gone through a few changes in recent years but has now stabilised and is doing very well. They are incredibly buys during the lockdown period as their products are selling very well, so the business sis in good shape. The management team is made up of some very impressive personnel with multinational backgrounds.
* Participate in decision making process through provision of legal advice/ recommendations to senior management
* Developing and implementing internal corporate policies and procedures
* Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations
* Take the lead role in communication with high level officials and governmental authorities
* Keep abreast of changes in laws and regulations
* Lead the structuring and high level negotiation of core business acquisitions and transactions
* Ensure protection of the Company's intellectual property rights and copy rights
* Lead the management and coordination of external counsel
We all know that the market is a little tough in light of the Covid crisis, so senior GC and Legal Director level positions like this are more rare than ever before.
This opportunity is a chance to be a senior stakeholder in the business, with a crucial role in challenging the mindset of the management team and advising them on key strategic business decisions. The quality of work is excellent, and it s a very successful business. There is room for growth within the role so this hire needs to be someone who is ambitious in their career.
To be considered you MUST have the following:
* Fluent in English and Arabic
* Experience of having lead a legal department in the past
* Minimum 10 years of legal experience
* Some multinational experience
In addition to this, experience in FMCG / F&B would be a big advantage
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.