Job description / Role
Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Industry: Media / Advertising
* Preparing monthly journal entries required to record the activities of the accounts being monitored. Steering overall financial operations encompassing accounting, budgeting, reporting, and other financial functions while adhering to regulations, accounting principles, and standards.
* Establishing internal control disciplines throughout the region towards maintaining integrity and accuracy of financial reports.
* Devising audit plan for the year and ensuring that the audits (internal & external) are completed within timelines; adhering to government regulations and contractual agreements.
* Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts. Ensure all reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner.
* Offering technical expertise on financial issues to functional or operational managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
* Successfully creating accounting systems to monitor and maintain all fixed assets and depreciation expenses, petty cash funds issued to different departments, monthly payroll and staff related payments and fund transfers, monthly payroll bank transfers, overall accounts payable function, accounts receivable function, and GL
* 5 years of experience in GL Accountant
* Degree in Accounting. Qualified accounting qualication is essential.
* MS Navision financial system experience
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you're hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can't afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.