Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
General Maintenance Worker - Locksmith
The General Maintenance Worker - Locksmith maintains, services, and repairs buildings, installed equipment, and locks using mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry skills
- Maintains, services, and conducts minor repairs on buildings, installed equipment, water and wastewater piping and tanks, fuel tanks and piping.
- Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services GSA safes mechanical or electrical locking devices; repairs, maintains and changes door locks
- Provides new or duplicate keys, open safe locks without keys, open safe locks by drilling, and keep records of locks and keys issued
- Assists HVAC Mechanics maintain air conditioning and environmental control units. Inspects equipment such as refrigerators and air conditioners for proper cleaning, speed, temperature and adequate lubrication
- Ensures proper repair and finishing of doors, walls and building structural components
- Assists other maintenance specialists and other workers with their tasks. Complies with established safety guidelines and procedures.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse condition.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years' experience performing general maintenance and locksmith duties.
- Shall be Registered Locksmith
- Skilled in structural, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and mechanical work
- Working knowledge of HVAC required.
- Ability to move heavy objects from one location to another.
- Must be a US Citizen
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.