Job description / Role
Our client, a leading construction company, is currently looking for a General Manager for their Abu Dhabi office. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Leading the development and execution of the company’s long-term strategies.
• Taking all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the company’s long and short-term plans.
• Ensuring the company is appropriately organized and staffed and to have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve approved a strategy.
• Ensuring that expenditures of the company are within the authorized annual budget.
• Assessing the principal risks of the company and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed
• Acting as a liaison between management and the board.
• Communicating effectively with shareholders, employees, government authorities and public.
• Ensuring that the directors are properly informed, and that sufficient information is provided to the board to enable the directors to form appropriate judgments.
• More than 10 years of experience in construction field, out of which proven experience of 5 years should be in managerial position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering plus a Master’s degree in the field of Civil or Business Administration or any other relevant field.
• Experience in developing profitable strategies.
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
• Experience in getting good numbers of projects on board.
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills (Arabic speaker)
• Knowledgeable of Abu Dhabi market with strong network of clients
• Proven track record of sales and business development
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.