Job description / Role
Our client is a market leader in the building materials sector and has over 40 years experience within the Middle East operating as the chosen supplier for the region’s most prestigious and innovative projects.
They are currently looking for a General Manager to provide overall leadership and direction in line with the corporate goals and objectives, instilling confidence and commitment from all stakeholders to manage operations, and build a world-class organisation through the formulation and achievement of corporate strategic objectives. The General Manager will be expected to achieve or exceed targeted profitability, growth, and return on investment ensuring the business becomes the centre of excellence for building material industry.
• Achieve set targets relating to both financial success and market share growth
• Grow the team in line with company headcount objectives
• Full responsibility for the department budget
• Development and management of KPIs
• Management of team
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or any related discipline.
• MBA or related Masters degree (CA Preferred)
• The candidate needs to demonstrate experience in Finance, Engineering, Procurement and Sales
• 15+ years experience in a similar organization with 7+ years in a managerial role.
• Strong experience in related industry (building materials, manufacturing)
• Previous experience in the GCC is crucial.
• Experience in strategic and financial planning, execution and change management.
• Visionary thinking with demonstrated leadership skills and entrepreneurial mindset.
• Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several large-scale projects.
• Ability to drive and adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
• Advanced relationship management skills.
• Strong planning, organizing, and integration skills.
We apologise that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.