Job description / Role
Job Purpose and Summary
The General Manager will have oversight of all the functions of the company, working closely with the Board of Directors and company management team. As interim general manager, the role is to ensure and improve day-to-day operations while ensuring sound long-term business strategy is implemented for sustainable growth and success over a period of eighteen to twenty-four months
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Manage all elements of revenue and costs to maximize overall profitability. Ensure all revenue and commercial targets are achieved with a focus on sales and marketing, drive the business forward. Improve revenue and financial performance. Review financial data and reports. Provide solutions to and escalations issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
• Plans, structure and implement sales department and team. Develop the sales strategy jointly with the sales team, set ambitious and achievable objectives and targets, ensure buy-in, motivate and drive implementation. Oversee and direct all sales and marketing efforts, initiatives. Provide support and guidance on new strategies, initiatives and projects. Track and monitor performance of the sales team to individual, team quarterly and annual targets
• Actively identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the company and drive initiatives on a local market or global level to meet these challenges
• Negotiate sales proposals and contracts with C-level stakeholders internally and externally with clients and successfully secure new projects for the company. Provide support to the sales team on negotiating contracts and securing projects. Build relationships and educate C-Level executives selected customer segments (hotels, hospitals, commercial) to secure projects. Source, Negotiate, close and secure projects and strategic clients that are favorable to the company commercially, financially and delivery wise. Supervise and approve any project variations in scope, time or specifications to take corrective measure where necessary. Lead interim meetings to control projects executions for completion within time, quality and budget. Oversee the evolution of projects, from proposals, to design, implementation and O&M plans.
• Lead and support direct reports – department management team. Manage the team in an integrated manner by setting objectives, targets and guidelines. Implement and operate efficiently management systems with department managers. Monitor the performance of direct reports. Develop the functional and social skills of direct reports on and off the job.
• Recruit the most suitable persons in alignment with HR and reporting managers. Support HR development.
• Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent
• Resolve escalations and disputes internally or externally with effective problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
• Represent the company internally to the board of directors and externally to all private and public bodies and institutions. Sit on board of directors, prepare and deliver bi-monthly board presentations. Prepare regular reports for upper management. Give presentations, etc. and represent the company in events, exhibitions, conferences, etc.
• Maintain budgets and optimize expenses. Drive policies and processes implementation
• Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally. Oversee recruitment and training of new employees. Direct the employee assessment process, retention programs
• Ensure compliance with all statutory, local authority, health and safety and other regulations
• Check occupational safety against high standards to ensure a safe environment for workers, customers and the environment, as well as maintain high corporate ethics and integrity
• Monitor and evaluate company performance while measuring progress to own KPIs. Undertake strategic planning and annual goal setting for the company growth and success.
Experience, Qualifications and Education Requirements
• 10+ years’ experience in a general manager role in the engineering, construction, consulting or similar industries, hands-on experience in the sales and marketing functions, experience in management a leadership team.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher education level in business management studies.
• Excellent attention to detail, high critical thinking ability, excellent communication skills.
• High commercial and business acumen, ability to interpret financial data.
• Ability to lead and motivate a team, ability to direct, lead and execute strategies.
• Ability to analyze external and internal factors affecting business performance.
• Ability to influence large groups of people, build long-term business relationships at C-level, strong ability to negotiate sales.
• The successful candidate must be able to establish instant credibility and will be a leader who both speaks and acts with the authority gained through experience, and who has sufficient know-how to impact the business in a powerful way.
• They will inevitably possess a consistent, “can do” attitude.
About the Company
A leading energy services company offering finance, technology and engineering solutions to asset owners in the UAE through a team of energy engineering experts.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Enterprise Performance Improvement - Senior Vice President - Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Manager - Strategy Consulting for Industrial Goods Practice - Tier One Strategy House
NSI & Bluefin Talent