Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
This role ensures that contract deliverables are met in line with the contract service level agreements. The role will be the senior Serco person on site and therefore responsible for all staff, and subcontractors, together with the financial and operational performance of the contract.
- Develop, monitor and review annual maintenance programs for the Project.
- Recommend and administer capital improvement works.
- Develop, administer and review whole of life cycle replacement programs.
- Represent client to navigate through various audits, inspections conducted by local bodies, insurance companies, bankers, investors etc.
- Establish, policies and procedures for each service under management.
- Develop, implement and review energy efficient replacement programs.
- Review building service's delivery systems and develop strategic maintenance or replacement strategies.
- Negotiate procure and review whole of service delivery contracts.
- Ongoing management of the Risk Management program.
- Development of the QA program and take it through audit for subsequent award.
- Timely address various ad hoc requests given by the client for variation work, VIP visits, etc.
- Liaise with clients, staff and external consultants at all levels in matters relating to building service delivery.
- In conjunction with the client develop business continuity plans for numerous scenarios.
- Manage and direct the operations of the business in accordance with Serco's strategic plan, with an emphasis on standardisation of policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all elements of the Contract to meet all regulatory, business, strategic and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Preparation and management of operating budgets.
- Meet agreed budgets (commitments) and business planning outcomes.
- Direct, assist, support and advise line managers, supervisors, coordinators, team leaders or leading hands, ensuring the implementation of changes necessary to meet evolving service delivery standards.
- Set staffing levels in compliance with business specifications and monitor them, to enable the delivery of efficient and effective services.
- Ensure that employees have the opportunity to participate in the development of the Serco Contract and the decision making process.
- Provide advice to the Leadership team on the activities, developments and changes within the services covered under the contract and impact upon the provision of those services.
- Assist the Leadership team with the development and implementation of management initiatives.
- Assist the Leadership team in the management of information systems and technology maintenance and review, to keep pace with the changing needs of the business.
- Monitor the progress of accreditation and quality management systems and coordinate the standardisation of policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly reports and attend monthly senior management meetings.
- Manage the collection, distribution and storage of information and reports.
- Review all training needs and report on a yearly basis.
- Liaise with customer representatives on an appropriate and regular basis.
- Seek new business opportunities and improve profitability of the business within your contract capabilities, and seek direction and approval from the Leadership team before committing to undertaking these services.
- Assist the Leadership team in ensuring the integrity of the intent and operation of the management reporting system, with all issues raised and addressed at the appropriate level.
- Ensure the timely and satisfactory management and resolution of complaints from customers and the grievances of employees, in accordance with Serco's policies.
- Regularly meet with line managers, supervisors, coordinators, team leaders or leading hands to keep them informed of decisions affecting their areas of operation and to ensure a uniform application of Serco's policies and delivery of services.
- Monitoring of procedures and policies in order to recommend improvements.
- Monitor, review and, where appropriate, update property, plant and equipment to meet the changing needs of the business, within your authority limits.
- Carry out formal performance appraisals with each subordinate bi-annually & annually, reviewing performance against agreed business goals.
- Management of subcontractors and suppliers.
- This position may be required to carry out other tasks from time to time as directed by a member of the Serco Middle East Leadership team.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Knowledge of both international and local (UAE) statutory and legislated requirements in governing large properties
- Knowledge of international best practice in facilities management
- Have led a diverse, multi-cultured, multi-disciplined workforce to achieve the work output and quality of services.
- Demonstrated analytical, organisational business and negation skills
- Demonstrated experience in Change Management.
- Proven financial management expertise, especially the ability to control and meet budget objectives.
- Degree holder in Facilities Management or similar qualification
- Minimum 15 years experience in Facilities Management Services.
- At least 5 years experience in a Senior Management position in a FM company in the UAE/GCC, managing multi-disciplined People Managers including support functions
- Facilities Services delivery experience in large retail or public facility e.g. Shopping Mall
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators
end to end finance function in large complex organisations , committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.