Job description / Role
We are one of the leading steel structuring/fabrication business in the region and are looking to recruit a General Manager to lead our business. Reporting into the CEO and Board of Directors, your objective is to effectively manage, develop and a organize leading structural steel design, fabrication and erection company. The business includes Supply of Welded Wire Mesh, Cold Drawn Wires and Steel rebars to infrastructure development projects, Power Plants, Industrial and Oil Complexes, Commercial, Residential Towers and Housing Projects. As the General Manager, you have to ensure human and capital resources are utilized and developed to optimum levels to meet company objectives, satisfy customer requirements, achieve and maintain sustained profitability.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Manage effective short to medium term business planning and forecasting in line with strategy / goals and establish objectives with employees in support of these plans in order to achieve current year profit targets whilst ensuring long term profitability.
- Assist in defining business strategy and medium long term plans to ensure that products and service offerings match market needs and the achievement of business returns in line with the company's strategic goals.
- Ensure that the sales function maintains effective and profitable relationships with existing customers thereby achieving organic growth targets whilst still developing a portfolio of new business opportunity and personally participating in major negotiations / discussions as required.
- Ensure that the manufacturing and site management process of the unit employ best practice and instigate change as required to achieve maximum operational efficiency and sustained improvements in quality, safety, service and operating costs, thereby matching continual increases in customer expectations and also securing adequate returns on investment.
- Ensure that the financial controls and reporting practices within the business unit meet legal requirements and international standards whilst providing reliable management information to assist in the professional management of the business.
- Ensure the purchasing function maintains effective relationship with suppliers and achieves a level of performance which matches chosen benchmark and indices.
- Develop and agree overall labour and capital plans for the business, varying such plans as necessary to ensure that these resources are fully utilized and developed to match changing market circumstances and maximize profitability business returns.
AED 30,000 to 40,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Degree in civil / structural engineering
- Preference will go to candidates with additional Business qualification
- Minimum of 05 years experience in a senior management position in the construction industry, preferably at board level.
- Understanding of internal / external customer / supplier relationships.
- Safety, Health, Environmental and Employment legislation.
- Excellent negotiating and consultation skills.
- Understanding information systems and their employment within the business.
- Strong commercial and contract awareness / exposure
- Leadership and people management skills
- Presentation / communication skills
- Numerical / verbal reasoning skills
- Financial Management
What's on offer:
This is an exciting career opportunity for Senior Managers who are looking to step into a General Manager role with a leading Steel structuring business.
About the Company
A group of companies in the Gulf region with business activities across the world.
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
A Leading Group In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jan|
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Director of Development
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
RTC-1 Employment Services