Job description / Role
A well-established company in the field of manufacture and supply of Ready-Mix Concrete, Pre Mix Plaster, Paints, Construction Chemicals, and Water Treatment Solutions, with over 700 employees, is seeking to recruit an experienced General Manager to run the company.
The GM is responsible for the overall business of the company. He plans and executes business in line with the company policies and objectives, and reports to the CEO.
• Participate with the Senior Management Team and Group Director of Operations in developing a vision and strategic plan
• Identify, assess, and inform the CEO & Group CFO and Board of Directors regarding the internal and external issues that affect the business.
• Build strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders.
• Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial team.
• Establish and promote a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
• Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review
Planning and Operational Management
• Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objective.
• Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
• Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits.
• Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.
• Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
• Collaborate with the companies’ senior management team to prepare a comprehensive budget.
• Work with the Senior Leadership in optimising the budget of the companies without compromising operational requirements.
• Provide the CEO with comprehensive, regular reports on the business revenues and expenditures of the company
• Ensure that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments
• Will have complete responsibility of CONMIX P&L and working capital management.
• Identify risks within the company and problem solve to find solutions.
• Assess the principal risks of the Company and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed;
• Ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
The ideal candidate will come with a proven track record in the industry and possess the following:
• 15+ years Industry Experience
• 10 years management and leadership experience
• Middle East and UAE Experience
• Knowledge in concrete and construction chemical industries would be an added advantage
• Track record of delivering projects end-to-end from feasibility to delivery
• Strong negotiator with the ability to manage 3rd parties
• Master’s degree would be an added advantage
Competencies and Core Values
• Strong Leadership abilities
• Honest – driven by integrity and strong values base
• Strong Commercial Acumen
• Resilient with strong ability to negotiate positive outcomes
• Excellent relationship management skills based on trust and respect
• Strong leadership: good at building high performance team
• Good understanding of numbers and financial performance
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
Chief Executive Officer
Head of Operations
General Manager - Company Formation