Job description / Role
A Middle Eastern based Reading business based in Dubai is looking to recruit a General Manager for their Dubai operation.
Plan, direct and control activities of the Region to accomplish financial objectives including overall ownership of the P&L. Direct the areas of sales management, customer service, logistics, finance, and marketing activities for the business. Maintain integral working relationships with various enterprise cross-matrix teams which include; human resources, research and development, product planning, product management, information technology, quality, marketing and finance in support of business objectives. Work closely and collaboratively with Corporate HQ based in Europe and Operational teams to ensure that strategic planning, key initiatives and objectives within the business align with those of the segment and corporation.
* Create, recommend, and execute short and long-range strategies and objectives for the businesses in alignment with segment and enterprise functional strategies.
* Oversee all business teams ensuring execution of functional strategies.
* Develop and lead the implementation of sales, marketing, and customer engagement plans and activities, in alignment with Segment strategies, to attain profitable market share growth.
* Ensure adherence to the values and ethics by all employees with customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
* Ensure all activities meet and correspond with segment and corporate requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal, environmental policies, regulatory and compliance.
* Lead and execute the talent and development strategies for all employees within the business.
* Accountable for the full P&L/balance sheet responsibility for the business.
* Develop and implement effective communication plans to ensure proper communications of company direction, objectives and performance across the business.
* Establish relationships and work collaboratively with functional and segment teams to ensure alignment and achievement of strategies and objectives.
* Adhere to standard segment and corporate defined processes/systems for measuring key performance indicators.
* Develop and maintain desirable relationships with professional, industry and community associations to perpetuate acceptance and good will towards the business.
* Evaluate market response to sales activities and programs to ensure timely adjustments to meet changing conditions.
* Develop and execute sales programs and marketing plans to ensure profitable growth.
* Recommend changes in selling methods, structure and organization of the customer facing groups to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives.
* Review and recommend sales forecasts and projected expense budgets designed to attain sales and profit objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, technical or related field
* Minimum 15 years' demonstrated success and focus on customer, strategic marketing, and channel development
* Proven track record in, customer relations and operational excellence.
* Excellent leadership results and experience in strategic business planning at a significant business unit level
* Relevant experience managing all critical business functions
* Proven ability to Create Strategy through accelerating innovation, gathering intelligence and generating ideas.
* Capability to Engage Talent by creating a performance-based culture through establishing trust, fostering collaboration and developing talent and teams within a matrix based organization.
* Track record of Achieving Excellence through implementing change, effective communications and positive leader influence while exhibiting the highest level of ethics, integrity, and personal accountability
* Ability to Inspire People through exceptional and authentic communication skills at all levels (written, verbal, listening) - ability to manage challenging communications; ability to communicate with diverse clientele and team members
* Exceptional interpersonal skills - ability to establish solid relationships both inside and outside of the organization including (but not limited to) Paloma, other BUs, suppliers, customers, civic organizations, etc.
* Strong organizational, problem solving, negotiation, financial and resource management skills
* Ability to travel both domestically and abroad with no restrictions
* Significant experience leading in a sales or trding organization; understanding of the industry, competitors, and associated channels of distribution
* Minimum 5 years' experience in general management position with responsibility for all core functions with annual revenues exceeding $100 million
* Solid background in programs to enhance operational excellence, customer intimacy, and channel management
* Experience managing a virtual organization
Salary and Benefits
80,000 - 100,000 AED per month plus company benefits
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: www.roberthalf.ae/privacy-statement
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
CEO / General Manager
General Manager - Capital Equipment
|Saudi Arabia||30 Jan|