Job description / Role
As the General Manager, you will be the driving force behind the overall success of the platform. You will be managing and leading the day to day operations, tech development, marketing initiatives, budgeting, partnerships and leading the set-up from the front.
A very successful, leading organisation going through exciting developments and investing heavily in technology to disrupt their industry.
* Launch, lead, and expand the start-up from rolling out the beta launch to the official launch and strategic expansion.
* Develop short- and long-term business and financial objectives and build strategies and action plans for their implementation cascaded down to the various functions, teams, and levels within the company.
* Direct and oversee all departments across digital, marketing, technology, operations, customer support, and business development to ensure that teams across functions and markets are aligned with the high-level strategic objectives of the business.
* Develop expansion and growth plans informed by intelligent data analysis, market due diligence, competitor analysis and benchmarking to ensure long-term sustainability.
* Maximise the profitability and valuation of the business, leading the start-up to a mature, sustainable and healthy economic position.
* Lead internal and external marketing teams to set and allocate budgets across online and offline marketing channels, strategically map-out campaigns and calendars, and allocate resources for their execution. Ensure that all marketing initiatives are being planned and implemented in line with high-level business objectives.
* Manage and monitor the digital marketing budgets and allocation with respective teams. Define KPIs and monitor and analyse results to make informed decisions.
* Devise new and dynamic profitable strategies to maximise return on investment for all digital spending.
* Opportunity to build and lead an e-commerce platform from scratch.
* Very exciting leadership role for someone to create something in their own vision.
* Proven experience in building, launching and growing a large scale B2C or B2B ecommerce platform from scratch.
* Solid background in startups and marketplaces with at least 10 years of overall experience.
* Experience with dealing with customers in the Middle East.
* Strong leadership experience with experience managing a complex and large P&L.
* Digital and E-commerce certifications from Tier 1 institutions is an added value (Insead, MIT Sloan, etc..)
* Arabic language skills are an added advantage.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
General Manager - E-Commerce Venture
E-Commerce Manager (Digital, Social Media and Online Marketing)
Right Calibre Executive Search
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Head of eCommerce
Middle East Executive