General Manager (Food Trading)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
A large food service business in the Middle East are currently looking for a General Manager to manage the entire Abu Dhabi operation of nearly 200 people across logistics, operations, sales finance, quality and procurement. You will lead the unit to ensure execution of organizational objectives and initiatives. Also responsible for customer satisfaction, brand standards, and profitability.
• Responsible for nearly 200 employees across this trading business.
• Managing / Overseeing Finance, Admin, Quality, Operations, Logistics and some purchasing involvement
• Implementation of better operations processes and systems
• Develops strategic plan by studying the financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives
• Responsible for Sales vs Revenue generation through a proper business plan and operating model.
• Focus departmental development with frequent meetings and visits and ensure effective functions
• Work with all departments to understand the objective of profitability
• Identify and implement strategic initiatives and business investments
• Adaptable to different cultural environments with an open mind to understand the working style of the organisation before trying to implement radical changes
• Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions
• Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, logistics, marketing, field, quality, finance, operations and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with staff .
• Understand and utilize the financial tools and reports available to support operations.
• Need to have previously operated as a GM, Head of Operations, Operations Director within a food related business.
• Overall 15 to 20 years of experience and minimum 8-10 years of experience in a managerial and team management role.
• Ideally experience in hospitality, fresh produce or other F&B companies
• Previous P&L responsibility/fairly strong finance background
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world\'s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
A Leading Executive Search & Recruitment Management Consulting Firm
Business Development Manager
Emirates Refreshments Company
Sales Supervisor (HORECA)
AGL Coca Cola
Regional Head of Sales and Marketing
Quest HR Services
General Manager - F&B
|Kuwait City||15 Feb|