Job description / Role
General Manager / CEO Responsibilities
• The candidate will head the business and operations of the hospital in partnership with the Medical Director.
The key responsibilities will include the following:
• Ensure efficient organisation and administration of all Hospital activities and ensure the provision of quality patient care to patients
• Ensure compliance of legislative requirements and government guidelines that affect the Hospital policies and procedures
• Determine strategic direction and planning in consultation with head office
• Ensure financial effectiveness and budgetary control
• Direct the teams in operations, marketing, patient service and all support functions
• Grow and develop clinical services in the Hospital together with the Medical Director
• The general manager directs and coordinates activities of one or more departments within the hospital, such as nursing, plant engineering, operations and business development, and aids the corporate chief administrative officers in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
• Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all divisional department activities to develop and implement long range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
• Develop and Implement Joint Commission International (JCI) Accreditation at the facility within 1 year of opening.
• Chairs the Medical Executive Committee for the facility to ensure compliance with regulations, best practices and outcomes.
• Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
• Confers with the corporate chief administrative officer, chief medical officer and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
• Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including referral development, financial performance and new service line development.
• Oversees nursing and operations departments to review production and operating reports and resolve operational, patient care, quality and facility problems to ensure minimum cost overruns and prevent operational delays and to establish practices to ensure future growth.
• Oversees key projects, processes and performance and quality reports, data and analysis.
• Reviews and supports medical, nursing and business development to oversee the introduction of new technology and innovative surgical concepts in a cost effective, evidenced manner to support patient outcomes and quality consistent with best practices.
• Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for business development, patient outcomes and to ascertain outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
• Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, operating efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures.
• Excellent business acumen, strong with financial discipline
• Strong leadership, driver, team builder and high integrity
• Communication Proficiency.
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Project Management.
• Strategic Thinking.
• Tactical Implementation and Planning.
• This role manages and directs staff management in business development, nursing, medical staff (liaison), plant engineering, quality, supply chain management and human resources.
• The role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports and for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Work Environment The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the patient care areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as masks, gowns, eyewear and mandatory lead shielding for protection.
• For the most part the employee will be exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional hospital and operating room equipment as found in a typical hospital environment.
• Physical Demands
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
• The position will require long periods of standing and may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
• The employee may reach above shoulder heights or below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday.
• Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a fulltime position.
• Standard days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Travel Occasional local and regional travel is expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience
• Master's degree or equivalent (preferred); or four to 10 years' related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An active RN license is a plus. Preferred Education and Experience
• At least 10 years of management experience, of which a minimum of 5 years in Hospital or ASC Administration as an Operating Room Director, Chief Operating Officer or Division Manager in a small or medium acute care hospital
• Prior experience in the setup of hospital or medical facilities would be an advantage
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Willing to be based in Chongqing for 2 years
• Good command of English
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Company
Are you looking for a single talent? Or do you need to recruit a whole team of industry experts? Mercans is at your service. You can tap into more than a decade of expertise working in human resources and recruitment in the challenging environments of the Middle East and North Africa. You have our database of more than 75,000 candidates at your disposal, and with it a better chance to find exactly what you're looking for.
Mercans gets you the connections you need to mobilize even very large teams at short notice. Our recruiters and experts are on site, and with them, your business has an established and reliable presence in the area.
You have the advantage of Mercans' very own candidates database, of which more than 35,000 candidates come pre-qualified. With us, you get the fastest, most experienced, and most reliable recruitment agency in the area.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Regional Clinic Manager (Aesthetics)
Middle East Executive
Regional Commercial Excellence Director