Job description / Role
The main role of the General Manager will be to set up and supervise the operations of the Music School as effectively and efficiently as possible, ensuring smooth operations, long-term financial sustainability, and reputational and business success, while striving towards establishing the Music Center as a recognized and reputable organization when it comes to Music.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Job role responsibilities & duties include but are not restricted to:
• Oversight and administration of day-to-day business operations of the music school including:
- Curriculum development
- Teachers selection, recruiting and coordination
- Class scheduling resourcing
- Marketing, operation
- Addressing customer complaints and any arising issues
• Development and revision of a long-term comprehensive business plan and strategy for the Music Zone and ensuring adherence to it through the development and tracking of relevant initiatives and KPIs and through the efficient delegation of responsibilities and duties across the organization
• Research and analysis of industry, market, and competitors to make informed strategy decisions
• Develop collaborations and partnership with other local institutions to increase the educational impact
• Creation of initiatives to take advantage of market opportunities, reduce operational threats, mitigate risks and maximize core strengths
• Development of a resourcing plan and involvement in HR related issues and operations
• Financial management and budget oversight of the Music Zone
• Oversight of all business operations such as PR, logistics, supply chain management, capital expenditures etc. of the Music Zone
Previous Experience, Qualifications & Personal Qualities:
• Knowledge of the music school industries
• Business acumen / knowledge including experience in financial management, marketing plan development, strategy development, operations etc.
• Strong analytical skills and critical thinking capabilities
• Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrable leadership abilities
• Demonstrable genuine love and passion for Music
• Positive approach to change and development
• Knowledge of music exams (ABRSM, Trinity) and Music Theory
• Strong command of English language
• Experience in running a Music School or a Music Department in a School.
• Bachelor’s degree in Music or similar qualifications
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.