Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in over 50 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
We are looking for a dynamic GM to launch and grow our CareemPay initiative across our region, providing cutting-edge payment and financial products, delivering social impact, and attracting exceptional talent. The person in this post has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the 'fintech' landscape of the region and the trajectory of the company, as it enters businesses adjacent to ride-hailing.
- Own the business plan and strategy for the launch of CareemPay
- Implement the launch plan of CareemPay
- Own the business plan for growth of CareemPay and lead its implementation
- Manage the product to best meet the evolving needs of the market
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators and suppliers
- Secure big partnerships that could change the game in the market
- Manage to and set/achieve ambitious targets
- Build and lead an aggressive, bold, and highly operational team
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. He/she can think strategically one minute and roll-up his/her sleeves the next minute to excite drivers, turnaround upset customers, charm a partner CEO, and deliver outstanding growth.
Additional qualifications include:
- Experience in a leadership role at a dynamic organisation
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Strong commercial sense, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Strong business development and relationship building skills
- Technology background and experience working/living in the region
- MBA from a leading business school
- Extensive experience in finance and digital commerce in the region
- Thorough understanding of the regulatory landscape as it relates to financial products in the region
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.