This position is closed or expired.
See other General Manager jobs in UAE
General Manager – Projects
A large freight forwarding company based in Dubai are looking for General Manager -Projects
• Develop and implement a Project Logistics Strategy to support the overall Middle East Cluster Sales and Marketing strategy.
• Provide weekly and monthly reports, data, research and market intelligence to the Management highlighting business performance, competitive landscape and recommendations for increasing revenue
• Proactively monitor and assess competitor initiatives, take tactical decisions to counter, protect and enhance the Company’s position
• Establish contacts and create a solid working relationships with agreed and defined target customer in the Middle East Cluster
• Seek new business opportunities within the agreed and defined target customer in the Middle East Cluster
• Assist the sales team to grow and manage existing Project Logistics customers trading today
• Assist procurement and operational team members in project moves & and building RFP tender responses
• Liaise with sub-contractors and 3rd party service providers on the strict guidelines given to them in order to meet customer expectations
• Develop full-scale project execution plans and related communication documents
• Manage the sales cycle for all Project Logistics accounts from the contact stage to the post-closing stage for all sales personnel to ensure all customer requirements are well understood and responded to taking into consideration the capabilities offered by the company
• Deliver agreed revenue and shared objectives on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis; achieve the monthly KPI’s
• Review and track progress against revenue and targets; analyze sales/revenue reports; recommend and propose changes to existing plans and operating budgets; implementing approved changes
• Work closely with other internal departments and stakeholders through regular meetings to ensure client/ contractual needs and expectations are communicated to achieve positive results
• Proactively work with the Finance Department to ensure all payments are collected within the agreed timelines as per the credit terms the customer has with the company
• Ensure all customer visits, opportunities and any other customer information are updated into CRM in line with the requirements and expectations
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during each project cycle.
• Set and continuously manage project expectations with team members and sub-contractors
• Delegate task and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and among the sub-contractors
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones and track it
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations
• Determine content of status reports from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot areas
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis and design contingency plans
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project cycle
• Train, motivate and supervise project team members and sub-contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned tasks
• Make sure of billing of each job on a timely manner and as per the agreed contract terms and make sure that AR targets are met
• Travel is required at least 35% - 50% of the time in this position
• Salary 35K -40 K
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of work experience
• Minimum seven years industry experience preferred
• Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills
• Strong background in client relationship management and a proven track record in business development and growth
• Demonstrated success in managing (KPI’s) Key Performance Indicators
• Manage customer situations promptly and professionally meeting commitments for service and assistance
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, clients and vendors
• In-depth knowledge of all products and services
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications
• Languages –English ,Arabic
• One should be based in Dubai
About the Company
Kobaltt MENA are leaders in recruitment across Technical, Construction, Property, Supply Chain & Logistics, Facilities Management, Sales & Marketing and Accounting & Finance Markets. We enjoy long established client relationships with an in-depth knowledge of the MENA and International Market, offering candidates reputable career prospects.
With established Middle East regional offices located in Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai, Kobaltt is providing a specialist range of permanent and contract recruitment services to the construction, property and engineering, Supply Chain & Logistics, Oil & Gas, accountancy and finance sectors.
Our team has over 25 years accumulative years of experience being based in the GCC with established client networks and candidate profiles.