Job description / Role
The General Retail Manager will be in charge of the profitable operations of the company's retail businesses. They will be in charge of the turnaround of existing lines as well as expanding and acquiring new retail lines, brands and outlets. They will be charge of developing the brand and generating revenue.
The client is a privately owned family company that was founded and based in the United Arab Emirates. They operate a diverse range of companies over a number of different sectors including lifestyle and retail.
* Prepare annual business plans/ budgets, specify goals and targets for each brand/store and direct/coordinate the efforts of the Brand/Store Managers and monitor their performance. Take corrective action when needed. Deliver the agreed business performance while continuously seeking to exceed it.
* Formulate strategic marketing/ brand development to translate business plans/strategy into results.
* Improve the Merchandising Systems and Processes to ensure appropriate buying, stock management and clearance activities
* Negotiate with key partners, landlords, suppliers to improve the business performance
* Execute a turn around plan leveraging the investment in the business and building the brands
* Undertake the activity of identifying new business lines/avenues to increase revenues on a continuous basis.
* Lead the process for growing the business through new business/outlet opportunities including preparing business case, coordinating requisite approvals (internal/external), all preopening actions and thereafter successful opening.
* Guide and assist managers/staff in key operational issues covering planning, coordination, adherence to policies/targets.
* Ensure development of appropriate operational and functional policies/procedures for each brand and thereafter ensure compliance.
* Ensure effective utilization of marketing budget spend on advertising, sales promotions/events, P.R., etc resulting in business growth
* Liaise with the franchisors on a regular basis on strategic(product, pricing, marketing) and day to day issues (stock package, brand information, visual merchandiser guidelines, etc).
* Ensure effective stock management, cost control and quality standard adherence
* Plan and implement stock takes through co-ordination with Accounts and Store Managers.
* Formulate and manage customer service excellence programs across all brands.
* Keep the management informed about the operational results, profitability and any major developments.
* Communicate corporate guidelines, business plans, policies and procedures and authority limits to all concerned and ensure their compliance.
* Work with HR to ensure the businesses are staffed by competent personnel. Ensure adequate training and motivation of the staff. Take personal interest in development of the managers and staff.
* Competitive salary
* Additional benefits
* Graduate degree preferably in Marketing or Business,
* A minimum of 15 years of Retail experience
* 5 years minimum experience in a similar position
* In depth understanding of Merchandising, Systems and Processes
* Strong market awareness of fashion trends / premium brands
* Fluent in written and spoken English.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Effective leader capable of managing a team.
* Good commercial acumen.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent