Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for:
Our General Manager is responsible for designing and implementing the strategy, goals and objectives, setting budgets and commercial targets of their brand(s) in alignment with the Vice President's strategic direction for the short and long term.
In addition, our General Manager is responsible for driving the development of their brand(s), predominately in its growth through new projects, whilst also reviewing and supporting the management of the current operational growth of retail/wholesale, commercially and financially. Our General Manager will enable our business to achieve results through driving the capability of its human capital and promoting knowledge and information sharing whilst ensuring compliance within the Group's guidelines.
What you will do:
- Develop the business plan of the brand(s) in line with the strategic direction of the vertical and seek the buy-in of the Vice President (where applicable) or President
- Agree on portfolio's commercial KPIs for the year with Vice President/President (where applicable) and cascade to team accordingly; continuously monitor progress and development towards strategic objectives
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers, marketing, merchandising and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity)
- Partner with Group leadership and run projects that enhance efficiencies around cost and time (i.e. any transformation or automation projects)
- Build a strong and solid relationship with the brand stakeholders and participate in strategic CEO meetings
- Continually scan competitive landscape and technology advancements to identify best practices, emerging trends, and innovation opportunities
- Set the yearly fiscal and manpower budgets of the brand(s) with plans and needs and leverage available dashboards to monitor budget materialization
- Ensure People KPIs (i.e. nationalization, turnover rates) are agreed and cascaded to Line Managers (where applicable)
- React proactively with agility to underperforming or successful initiatives
- Develop an evolving hybrid customer journey allowing to build, grow and sustain a community of loyal customers
- Manage store network investments (opening, renovation and closing) and digital investments (e.g. eCommerce, apps, digital in store, etc)
- Create a strong digital revenue channel for the brand(s)
- Manage contracts and agreements with Brand(s) and request legal advisory where needed
- Align operationally with Brand(s) for implementation of contractual agreement
- Develop long-term vision for the brand Hybrid network including Offline and Online
- Prepare a compass, identify CX gaps to match customer's aspirations
- Grow and optimize the Hybrid network
- Ensure that an accurate IRR by store conforms to the Group's guidelines
- Monthly Review of store P&L to ensure remedial plan is implemented
- Leverage data analytics to better understand customer needs/trends, assessment of current experiences, and competitive insights to identify opportunities to maximize customer engagement and lifetime value
- Keep abreast of retail and consumer sector innovations & competitive activity within the marketplace and share with the commercial leadership team any changes and developments that could impact the business
Financial and Commercial Operations:
- Ensure optimization of all OPEX and CAPEX commitments
- Ensure that monthly and annual financial statements prepared by own financial team reflect the financial position of the brand
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Experience in identifying, pursuing and capturing new business opportunities
- Experience in Digital and People transformation
- Experience in CX journey and mapping
- Experience in CRM and Loyalty programs
- Experience in Hybrid retailing and Ecommerce implementation
- Experience in financial management, negotiating and agreeing to contracts
- Able to nurture relationships with clients/ partners
- Able to influence without authority and to be regarded as a credible trusted leader of a business
- Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire high performing teams
- Experience in developing and managing a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience
- Experience of working in a fast-pace, matrixed environment
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, and project management skills
- Strong competitive drive and the ability to motivate the organization
- Willingness to continuously develop, understand industry best practices and desire to stay ahead of the curve
- Technical and applied knowledge of the luxury fashion, beauty and retail industry alongside strong marketing and business development skills
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting insights & drawing conclusions to inform business decision making
- Master's Degree in Operations Management/ Business Administration or any related field
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a similar role
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.