Job description / Role
• To lead on projects, managing them through the workshop process directed by the project manager
• To manage the workshop on a day-to-day basis or in the absence of the Manager, supervising and supporting the work of the team, and discuss with the Manager any issues or concerns that need to be addressed
• To devise solutions to technical challenges/problems within the carpentry workshop
• To maintain good communications and working relationships within the department, with other departments, with external clients and with visiting creative teams
• To assist in the professional development of the carpenters and workshop assistants
• To work from a technical drawing or model to a high standard
• To carry out covering and finishing of materials as per requirement
• To ensure the department’s activity conforms to health and safety requirements, including, risk assessments, operating procedures, and the general policies and procedures of the Company
• To ensure all carpentry machinery is maintained and serviced regularly to the required standard
• To ensure the Workshop area is kept safe, clean and tidy at all times
• The ideal candidate for this role must be able to demonstrate.
• Relevant work experience in a construction/Carpentry/ Artistic work environment
• Excellent Carpentry and/or metalwork skills
• Good understanding of Engineering Drawings
• Experience of managing people
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to read and understand drawings, ground plans and elevations
• A determination to drive for high personal standards in self and others
• A desire to improve and learn new skills
• A willingness to engage in problem-solving
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation within a theatrical context
• A flexible approach to dealing with others
• Ability to lead others in a workshop environment
• Experience in manual handling, especially of large and intricate scenery
About the Company
STYRO Insulation Mat. Ind. L.L.C was founded in 2000, producing and installing complete Expanded Polystyrene Solutions in the UAE and MENA region. It is therefore considered the number one EPS manufacturer in the region as the market leader and main supplier of all EPS products.
STYRO is present heavily all over the UAE and Oman and GCC with plans to expand further in the region to reach all MENA region. We currently run two plants with a total surface area of 44,000 m^2, where approximately 250 technicians and workers are employed full time. We have a strong focused vision on sustainable growth and constant stability. We are achieving that by improving our business with continuous technical research and support through our Customer Service and R&D teams.
Our hand-picked staff ranges between engineers, experienced sales executives, vibrant marketing team and best customer service representatives who are all focused on satisfying our client's needs and provide the best pre/post-sales service experience possible to our valued customers.