Job description / Role
A global Oil and Gas Company is looking for a GL accountant for a newly created position located in the head office in Dubai. This is a unique position as the requirements are for a candidate that can progress into a more senior controller role in the near future. This opportunity would suit a qualified accountant with 2years PQE and have good knowledge around IFRS and VAT.
* Manage month close by coordinating with various departments and team members, and upload trial balance and supplemental files in COGNOS consolidation tool.
* Maintain month close checklists and closing calendars, and communicate key dates in advance to respective departments and team members
* Post Journal Entries for accruals, amortization, allocation, reclassification etc.
* Key management player in month end and year end closing to ensure all deadlines are met; and bank reconciliations are completed before month close.
* Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are prepared timely and accurately
* Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
* Monitor metrics to ensure A/P and G/L teams are meeting Compliance guidelines
* Reconcile and maintain General Ledgers
* Compile and analyzes financial information to review journal entries to accounts including recurring entries, prepaid expenses and accruals/provisions
* Monthly Balance Sheet reviews with stakeholders and taking necessary actions based on recommendations
* Analysis of VAT and WHT ledgers and ensures correctness of data and timely filing of returns
* Oversee statutory and internal audits and facilitate to provide requested information on time.
* Monitors financial transactions to ensure they are within designated amounts as prescribed in Approval Authority Matrix
* Works with other departments and teams within the organization to resolve any finance related issues on timely basis
* Provide FX hedge input to corporate treasury and make necessary entries in the books.
* Maintains GL/Vendor/Customer master
* Intercompany balance reporting and tie-out of balances at the month end
Education And/Or Experience
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or similar qualification in accounting/ finance.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in GL Accountant role.
* ACCA, CA, CMA or CPA preferred.
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you're hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can't afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.