Job description / Role
• Responsible for the preparation of the financial statements of for the CEMEA Region ensuring adherence with Local IFRS and US GAAP.
• In charge of the financial results´ foreign currency analysis between local currency and US dollars. Responsible for gathering the cost center certifications, the preparation of all federal and local tax filings, the transfer pricing calculations and reports, adherence to all distributed accounting policies and Anti-bribery (FCPA) controls related to the Financial Accounting Close.
Key Result Areas
• Process and maintain accounting records for business units/sub-regional offices and other system interfaces to ensure a high quality of accounting accuracy, timeliness of reporting and compliance to corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements.
• Assist CEMEA Accounting Manager to obtain, review, analyze and communicate financial and non-financial data and reports.
• Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS, as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (as applicable).
• Responsible for the financial statement preparation both under US GAAP and Local IFRS including the
• Preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayments, deferrals and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Responsible for the supervision of the fixed assets of CEMEA along with the related depreciation/amortization and reporting schedules for both financial and tax records.
• Executes the re-measurement analysis from local currency to US currency by adhering to FASB 52
• Responsible for the preparation of federal and local taxes along with the required tax reporting deliverables
• Manages the cost center certification process for the multiple cost centers in the region and ensures timely submission to Corporate
• Ensures compliance with existing and new accounting policies for both US GAAP and local IFRS including specific materiality thresholds used in the region
• Responsible for the FCPA and SOX controls for the financial accounting close
• Reviews and validates the petty cash reimbursements by ensuring proper segregation of duties.
• Responsible for the transfer pricing calculations Inter Company Settlements.
• Assisting GL team in uploading journals and extracts reports for analysis.
• Participation in special projects. Identify any potential financial related risk areas and provide sound recommendations and solutions to Client for mitigation of the identified risk.
• Handle ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Management
• Handle the I-Procurement process form Accounting point of view and coordinate with stakeholders.
Key Performance Indicators
• Meet accounting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual financial close.
• Quality of accounting records – compliant with corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX.
• Accurate accounting of transactions - Leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors and no repeat-audit points.
• Unusual items are properly identified, surfaced and resolved promptly.
• Ability to define/solve end-to-end problems and issues; timely and accurate processing of data/information through the systems.
• Quality of supervision/advice given and effectiveness of the team in jointly producing the desired output. Be a role model to demonstrate efficient execution, constant enhancement, ownership core values.
• Any adhoc tasks assigned by the manager.
AED 14,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Degree in Accounting or professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA CPA or equivalent)
• Minimum 5 years of relevant accounting experience (ideally in a multi-national publicly traded company)
• Hands on experience with US GAAP/IFRS and SEC/statutory requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work well in a fast paced and high volume environment
• Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm is required.
• Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting accounting issues
• Conversant with integrated accounting applications – particularly Oracle
• Knowledge of Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word, Access
• Conceptual and working knowledge of financial database
• Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion and other related tools
• Strong business ethics
• Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions