Job description / Role
2020 UFLP Graduate Supply Chain - UAE
Who Is Unilever:
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of one of the most successful, purpose-led businesses. Work with brands that are loved around the world, improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Dove, Tresemme, Lipton, Axe, and Hellmann's, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry's, The Dollar Shave Club and Seventh Generation.
Work alongside brilliant and inspiring industry leaders and colleagues. If you want to feel proud of what you do and make others proud too, join us. Get a glimpse into life at Unilever and discover how you can help make a better business, a better world and a better you.
Unilever's ambition is to double the size of our business, whilst reducing our overall environmental impact (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal). We are also committed to doing what we can to improve health, nutrition and hygiene, with a target to help more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, as well as sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020. All of these goals are itemized in around 60 time-based commitments in our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan.
The Unilever Future Leaders Program (UFLP) is a global initiative enabling Unilever to build a strong talent pipeline that will support and lead our business growth. UFLP is a 36-month rotational leadership development program for which we recruit top-performing undergraduate talent who demonstrate the potential to become managers within our business within 3 years. It's designed to grow you into a manager, through hands-on learning alongside world-class experts. You'll be hired into a function and develop your leadership skills by working on live projects which offer you all the experience you need to become ready for your first management role. At the heart of it, it's about developing tomorrow's leaders, today.
From Day 1, our Management Trainees (MTs) take on real business challenges within their own function and across the organization. Each of our MTs will gain an understanding of how we make and how we sell our products, become immersed in our sustainability initiatives, understand and experience first-hand our global markets, and build people management skills and financial acumen. Along the way you will develop deep core professional skills and leadership skills, and build a robust support network. On top of all that, you will have a lot of fun along the journey.
We look for people who want to get to grips with the inner workings of a vast business and a desire to understand how it works. It's about commitment, real people skills and a deep-seated interest in the business as a whole. You'll become part of a leading-edge company, where you'll work with outstanding brands and outstanding people to drive sustainable business growth.
So here's how it works:
- 36-Month Rotation Program (4-5 Rotations)
- 1 Functional Roadmap Based on Your Business Area
- 1 Retail Experience - First Assignment is always learning the heart of our business, working with our products at the point of sale
- Formal Training + Informal Learning
- Mentorship + Exposure to Senior Leaders + Peer Network
- High Levels of Performance and Delivery
- Potential to Reach Manager-Level Upon Successful Program Graduation
We'll make sure you gain broad experience in several different areas to develop your Supply Chain expertise, for example:
- Supply Management: You'll build strong relationships with suppliers to purchase the best possible materials.
- Manufacturing: Convert raw materials into Unilever's Beloved Products, responding to demand while improving efficiencies.
- Planning: Can you help us predict the products our consumers will love - both tomorrow and in two years' time?
- Logistics and Customer Service: The sweet spot across our whole business
- Can we deliver the product a consumer wants, to the right supermarket shelf, at the right time?
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or any relevant major
- Strong academic track record: well-standing GPA (or equivalent)
- Good analytical skills, willingness to learn and strong aptitude for communication skills
- Fresh graduates up to 1 year of experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of FMCG industry is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team
- Ability to extract critical data and generate actionable insights
- Strong business acumen
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Supply Chain Intern
Nestle Middle East
Graduate Customer Development - 2020 UFLP
|Abu Dhabi||25 Aug|
Associate Consultant (Graduate Hire / Early Professional)
IBM Middle East