Job description / Role
The ideal candidate will have strong creative skills and a portfolio of work which demonstrates their passion for illustrative design and typography. This candidate will have experiences in working with numerous different design platforms such as digital and print forms.
• Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency of designs across various media outlets
• Create compelling and effective logos, designs, print and digital media
• Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends
• Conceptualize, design, and execute creative projects on schedule and according to brand guidelines.
• Scope of work includes but is not limited to: packaging and print collateral, e-commerce and digital design including display ads, emails, etc, in-store retail displays, event signage, branding and logo design.
• Coordinate with marketing department to affirm marketing objectives, discuss effective creative solutions, and ensure brand consistency and high standards of creative execution for the development of visual materials.
• Push brand identity forward and maintain design standards.
• Ability to artwork all creative applications.
• Traditional advertising (print ads and direct mail)
• Creatively concepts marketing execution from strategy and goals to illustrations, rough sketches and printed mockups of materials according to instructions of supervisor. Can successful articulate marketing creative concepts and strategy to the marketing team.
• Art directs and executes all graphic designs for digital marketing needs, creative advertising campaigns, sales materials and a variety of other marketing elements.
• Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and creates sample layouts. Understands the use of design hierarchy, white space and composition.
• Reviews final layout and suggests improvements as needed, and presents final layout to supervisor for approval before release to other managers or printers.
• Can reformat existing marketing campaign designs for a variety of executions including but not limited to: Websites, Email marketing, Social media marketing, Print pieces.
• Understands the variety of file types and need for packaging files in appropriate ways to share with external vendors, clients, other internal departments, etc.
• Develops creative concepts for photography and videography executions including storyboards, shot lists and product orders.
• Works with all photography and videography assets along with Marketing Director and Creative Production Specialist to edit, share and tag assets for sales, marketing, search, and internal purposes.
• Manages and uploads all product content including photography to the company’s website and adds or removes product information and data to product pages as necessary.
• Along with creative production specialist, executes and edits final video projects for sales and marketing use
• +5 years of experience as a Graphic Designer or similar role.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop design software and Internet software.
• Knowledge and/or experience with large format printing, packaging files for printer, doing press checks and color correction, uses PMS, etc.
• Expert proofreading skills and can audit own work for size, color and content correctness thoroughly.
• Has skill, knowledge of and/or previous work experience with DSLR cameras.
• Can edit, color correct and prepare multimedia files for all marketing needs.
• Ability to multi-task multiple projects, prioritizes workload, and manages time effectively.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE