This position is closed or expired.
See other Designer jobs in UAE
Abu Dhabi, UAE
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.Â With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves.Â AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments.Â A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 100 countries and had revenue of $7.0 billion during the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2010.
AECOM Shared Services We support our employees globally by coordinating and managing the day-to-day operations of General Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology. We pride ourselves on ensuring we deliver the best customer service possible to our people while building trust and relationships with all of our constituents.
Purpose of the role
To work as a member of the Middle East business development team to strengthen the in-house graphic design resource. The
chosen applicant will be part of a global design team. They will work closely with the Senior Design Executive based in Europe
but operate independently from the Middle East region to produce highly effective, innovative and â€˜on brand' design work for all parts of the business from brief to print. Whilst the majority of work will be design for print there will be a degree of electronic media work.
- Working as part of the design unit within the business development team which includes Web, PR, internal comms, events, and client management
- Meeting clients to discuss the business objectives / requirements of job and developing a design brief
- Interpreting the client's business needs and the use of creative thinking to develop ideas and concepts to suit the purpose
- Producing high quality print-ready artwork for a range of materials including brochures, exhibition stands, invites, evites etc
- Act as custodian of brand identity
- Managing more than one design brief at a time, estimating and allocating the relevant amount of time according to the value of the job and managing own time
- Providing quotes for clients
- Work proficiently within the constraints of cost and time
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients
- Execute some in-house photography, as required
- Proof reading
- Printer / supplier liaison
- Keeping abreast of developments in Graphic Design and IT
- Administration of image library
- Middleweight Graphic Designer with a minimum of three years in a full-time Graphic Design role
- Experience of working on large corporate brands with a strong ability to design 'on-brand'
- Portfolio to display proof of strong creative thinking and thorough knowledge of the print process
- Proficient in InDesign, Adobe CS5, Photoshop and Illustrator on Mac, with Flash and QuarkXpress an advantage
- Must have good print knowledge and understand how to set up artwork ready for print
Degree / HND in Graphic Design
AECOM employees around the world enjoy a wide range of benefits and competitive compensation package. AECOM is much more than just a place to work. It's a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects world wide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.