Job description / Role
Group Commissioning Manager - Large Complex Projects – UAE
Our Client is a reputable international contractor looking for a vibrant Group Pre-commissioning/Commissioning Manager with multi-discipline experience in the Engineering and Construction of Mega Mechanical Oil &Gas, Buildings, Airports and other Infrastructure projects. The Group manager will be responsible for providing technical support during the tendering stages where needed and ensuring smooth set-up of Pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities and teams from the early mobilization phase through all project stages until the successful project completion.
The job holder reports to the Assistant Vice President, Construction Support & Quality Management.
• Manage and guide a team of Pre-commissioning and Commissioning specialists as the functional head at the Construction Support department corporate office with overall responsibility for technical performance, ensuring application of established procedures and standards of the Contractor at all of the Contractor’s projects worldwide.
• Have a thorough knowledge of various Pre-commissioning/ Commissioning activities (with emphasis on Pre-commissioning) ranging from Development of pre-commissioning /Commissioning strategies.
• Review of the engineering designs and the identification and definition of systems and sub-systems required from Pre-commissioning /Commissioning works.
• Prepare, review and approve for implementation of the project required for Pre-commissioning / Commissioning plans.
• Have an awareness of HSE matters at all phases of construction and pre-commissioning/Commissioning.
• Coordinate with projects from the onset to set-up the Pre-commissioning /Commissioning department and assist in the requirements, recruitment, mobilization, and performance monitoring of pre-commissioning personnel, as well as with the orientation and training required.
• Attend meetings with Partners, Clients, and Vendors to discuss and agree on pre-
commissioning/Commissioning split of responsibilities, the scope of works and strategies.
• Continuously monitor, through the projects Pre-commissioning /Commissioning managers that the works are progressing on time, in compliance with the projects’ requirements and in accordance with Industry standards and legislation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Process Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university.
• Minimum 15 years of varied experience, working on a breadth of process plants, oil and gas plants, Pipelines, Buildings, Malls and Airports Projects; In-depth knowledge of several project functions with a high level of EPC experience/exposure.
• Professional and pro-active self-starting nature.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• High level of managerial and leadership skills
• Excellent organization, writing and listening skills.
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text.
About the Company
Gulf Connexions Group is the regions leading specialist recruitment consultancy providing a wealth of local and international expertise and in-depth market intelligence for its blue-chip clients and candidates.
Contact our consultants directly for your specialist recruitment requirements. For candidates searching for job opportunities and requiring informed career advice, Gulf Connexions provides updates on the top positions available across the region.
Headquartered in Bahrain in the heart of central business district, Gulf Connexions maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, fully equipped with state-of-the-art database technologies. Gulf Connexions has a rigorous screening process for all prospective candidates with interviewing facilities available throughout the region.
Gulf Connexions has the most extensive database of experienced and qualified banking candidates available for regional deployment. Gulf Connexions works closely with the region\'s leading blue chip organizations providing candidates with excellent career path development and unrivaled employment opportunities.