Job description / Role
• Develop and monitor Compliance and ES strategies, plans, policies and procedures.
• Perform risk assessments to understand risk level, significance, and scope, and develop risk management, framework processes and strategies.
• Stay up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations and implement them across the group, if needed.
• Monitor compliance with laws, regulations, and internal policies.
• Investigate irregularities and identify compliance and ES issues that require follow-up or investigation to be rectified.
• Compiling and validating the ES notifications/reports.
• Assisting the clients with their enquiries related to ESR.
• Work with external advisors/ consultants to develop ES policies and procedures.
• Verify that all regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
• Conduct periodic internal reviews and audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed and provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance and ES reviews.
• Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
• Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
• Analyse risks to minimize losses or damages and maintain a compliance risk register.
• Develop emergency response plans or procedures.
• Verify that software technology is in place to adequately provide oversight and monitoring in all required areas.
• Implement internal controls.
• Create, implement, and monitor KYC framework and processes.
• Create, implement, and monitor risk assessment framework and processes.
• Create, implement, and monitor due diligence framework and processes.
• Implement proper compliance industry standards (Compliance Committee, delegation of authority, compliance commitment)
• Ensure up to date regulatory compliance across the group.
• Create, implement, monitor required policies and procedures across the Group.
• Give training on relevant compliance topics and procedures to internal staff.
• Implement internal controls.
• Lead and manage staff in compliance departments across the group.
• Prepare Management Reports.
• Keep up to date with any relevant new laws and regulations and implement them across the group, if needed.
Reporting to management and external parties
• File appropriate compliance and ES reports and report violations of compliance/ ES regulatory bodies and maintain regulatory or compliance documentation.
• Report back to Direct Manager & upper management on current risk, ES issues, and compliance performance.
• Take responsibility of all external communication/ compliance confirmation requests on compliances and ESR.
• Communicate compliance and ES policies and procedures to management.
• Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
Managing licensees’ ESR compliance processes
• Maintain details of all entities licensed by the organization from an ESR perspective and monitor potential licensees under ESR along with compliances undertaken by them.
• Monitor the ESR portal and verify notifications/ reports/ other information as submitted by licensees.
• Report findings to the management at regular intervals.
• Support licensees with queries on ESR and communicate where information is required.
• Maintain documentation of compliance and ES activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
• Attending ESR committee meetings and other discussions organized by the Ministry of Finance/ FTA/ other relevant bodies in respect of ESR, keeping up to date with information regarding industry trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes for ESR.
• Liaise and work with external consultants/ service providers appointed for support on ESR and involve in creating awareness to Licensees on new developments as well as to create awareness internally.
• Responsible for leading, supervising and training team members who will support in meeting the ES requirements and obligations of the organization.
• ACAMS certification from either UK/US/ Germany or France or equivalent
• Master’s Degree is desirable
• Over 5 years of relevant experience
• Compliance, organization, regulations, administration, customer, diligence, internal, filing, knowledge of AML laws and regulation, works with minimal supervision and full knowledge on Economic Substance Regulation procedures
• English, Arabic would be an advantage
• Should be a self-starter: bright, motivated, and dynamic, capable of attention to detail and maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive compliance data.
About the Company
Kershaw Leonard is committed to finding First Class people for its World Class Clients. Since our inauguration in September 1999, We have become well-respected specialists for all aspects of Human Resource Consultancy and Recruitment, and bring a standard of professional conduct (through the Recruitment Employment Confederation UK) to the industry here in the Middle East. Our qualified Consultants deliver a unique quality of service that is designed to meet the individual needs of both Candidates and Clients.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover permanent, temporary and contract staff, and Executive Search, in the following sectors:
Senior Executives and Directors; Design; Engineering and Construction; Finance and Banking; Human Resources and Training; IT and Telecoms; Legal; Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Media; Office Management; Retail; Sales and Marketing and Secretarial and Business Support.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Compliance Manager & Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)