Job description / Role
About the role:
Our Group Digital Payments Specialist of the newly created Digital Payments Division will lead and centralise the Group's payment strategy. This is part of the overall Group direction to enhance the customer experience and provide signiï¬cant eï¬ƒciency savings for the future.
You are a forward-thinker and perform best under a culture of constant improvement and challenging the status quo. You will lead the design, implementation and management of the Group's Digital Payment framework. You have the potenal to develop within our Group and there are many exciting opportunities for the right candidate.
What you'll be doing:
- Reporting to the Group Treasurer, the role will work closely with group teams, including Treasury, Finance, Data, IT, Digital, Commercial, Retail, Legal and Security to co-ordinate projects and achieve alignment.
- Lead the inception of the new Digital Payments framework at Chalhoub Group.
- Support the development of a best in class, agile and scalable payments infrastructure for the group with IT and Digital teams. This will include e-commerce payment gateways, omnichannel retail POS soluons and supplier payment gateways (AP, treasury, payroll)
- Manage the implementation of new payment methods with the IT delivery teams, such as Digital Wallets (WeChat, RuPay etc) and ApplePay.
- Be a thought leader on emerging trends and technology in the payments industry to help maintain best practice in the group.
- Navigate a challenging and constantly shifting environment.
- Build relationships and negotiate contracts with payment service partners to receive optimum pricing.
- Leverage marketing opportunities from payment service providers.
- Champion technological developments and new data analysis techniques such as AI.
- Support with the design and implementation of co-branded card schemes across the group.
- Travel occasionally within the GCC and Egypt.
- Communicate with and persuade senior leadership to sponsor the digital payment strategy
What you'll need to succeed:
- Strong academic achievements with Bachelor or Masters degree in any field.
- Professional qualification preferred
- Extensive direct experience in payments (digital, ecommerce, treasury, AP, Payroll)
- Experience in the retail industry
- Experience in the Middle East, primarily in KSA and UAE
- Experience with global payment gateways, solutions and acquirers, including SWIFT, API, Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, UnionPay, Alipay, WeChat Pay, Stripe, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, Square, Paytm, Rupay
- Experience working as an Advisor or Project Manager is desirable
- Strong technical knowledge and expert in the payments field
- People and project management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and across all levels
- Ability to manage a team and indirect reports
- Already recognized in the payments industry
- Pro-active, self-motivated, able to work independently on your own initiative
- Ability to build relationships/ gain trust and respect from stakeholders
- Able to work effectively as part of a team by leading, coaching and sharing knowledge
- Able to influence and convince people
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional attitude
- Adept at dealing with individuals at all levels in the organisation and building effective relationships
- High attention to detail and quality
- Excellent time management and proven delivery skills
- Willingness to travel across the GCC as required
- Change-oriented and focused on continuous improvement
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.