Job description / Role
Group Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the entire financial accounting and reporting process for the organization. The role holder is responsible for managing and controlling the general ledger (GL) transactions and ensuring that all transactions are appropriately classified and all accounts are prepared in line with IFRS / GAAP based accounting rules and other applicable laws. The role will also be responsible for preparation and distribution of various financial statements and information to management.
• Manages daily activities related to GL accounting and allied areas
• Reviews and approves all monthly GL procedures, including journal entry preparation, discrepancy resolution, and account analysis
• Ensures the GL reconciliation with sub ledgers (all subsidiary accounts, and records will be reconciled to the general ledger) monthly and at year-end closing
• Ensures timely clearing of all suspense / clearing accounts and scrutinizes internal reports and allocates all costs correctly to corresponding cost center and expense codes and investigates significant variances for correction
• Reviews and finalizes financial statements and ensuring generation of financial reports
• Prepares and distributes internal financial statements and reports
• Coordinates, develops and updates written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process
• Maintains and strengthens internal controls over financial accounting and reporting
• Liaises with the internal and external auditors
AED 20,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Professional certificate (i.e. ACCA, ACA, CPA)
• Big-four qualified accountant with 5 years experience in the retail or FMCG industry
• Strong technical knowledge of International accounting Standards (IFRS) / GAAPs
• Expert Knowledge of SAP
• Experienced in leading statutory audits with big four audit firms
• Expert in MS Excel
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Financial Planning Accountant
TGC Consulting Middle East
Assistant Finance Manager
Emirates Refreshments Company
Quest Search & Selection