Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
As the Group Head of Corporate Strategy & Growth you will be responsible for leading an expert team in translating market data and insights into Group Strategy. You will not only envision strategies to keep Chalhoub Group at the forefront of delivering customer excellence but also drive, implement and deliver these strategies across the organisation. As an action oriented corporate strategist with experience in transformation in the retail space, you will find it natural to keep the customer at the heart of each recommendation, decision and initiative deployed.
- Strategy & Planning
- Define the strategic planning framework for the group
- Lead the process to define the group's short/mid/long term vision, corporate strategy and positioning
- Translate the vision and corporate strategy into a set of growth targets
- Cascade the strategy to all stakeholders to obtain commitment and buy-in, and confirm the resulting growth strategies
- Develop insights on markets and customers, and identify industry opportunities to support the leadership team in developing strategic objectives for BUs and countries
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the execution of the strategic plan, pivot or preserve with the plan Growth
- Co-design the vision for growth (of business and impact) with the Leadership Team
- Create strategic growth plans and financial roadmaps
- Develop and lead revenue generation and business development strategy and efforts
- Key thought-partner to CEO and member of Leadership Team on growth initiatives
- Market and Intelligence and Research
- Assess macro-economic and key industry trends, competitive landscape, existing markets and ancillary markets
- Research and analyze new markets for growth opportunities
- Work in close relationship with internal stakeholders on ad-hoc projects consolidating key information as support for business intelligence, decision-making and/or execution of projects
- Provide regular proactive analysis and operational perspectives on markets and industry trends for the business
- Capability development
- Identify opportunities and gaps in current set of capabilities and in its business model and build and execute plans to close gaps and strengthen the group's value proposition
- Drive development of capabilities to support the group's competitive advantage and value proposition
- Seek market capabilities to partner with, merge or acquire
- Strategic initiatives, partnerships and M&A support
- Support in identifying key capital projects, joint ventures opportunities, potential M&A targets and other strategic partnership opportunities to strengthen the group's value proposition and achieve strategic inorganic growth and capabilities acquisitions
- Identify key strategic topics and growth opportunities to build the relevant business cases when appropriate for the Group to help with decision-making and execution - Lead key projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Support post-M&A integration
- Leadership and Culture
- Set and ensure achievement of goals and highest standard of performance
- Participate as a key member of the leadership team in creating a culture of innovation within the organisation, promoting open innovation and introducing group tools and processes that encourage creative thinking
What you'll need to succeed
- Without doubt you MUST have experience in Corporate Strategy
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Experience working cross functionally with different platforms to create a cohesive growth plan
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines and industries
- Working experience in retail and operations * Working experience in the Middle East (Not essential) * Good knowledge in two functional areas: technology and human capital
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.