Job description / Role
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 700 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth, we are looking to develop a world class CX capability. Building on our strong data foundations, we are looking to create an agile and truly customer-centric organisation to deliver significant growth. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
The role of Group Head of CX is to define, design, develop and measure the CX strategy and function for existing, and future brands while acting as the governing body to ensure full compliance to the guidelines set.
Our Group Head of CX will be responsible for ensuring our brands have the right CX foundations to grow in the global retail scene ensuring operational excellence and a stellar customer experience.
We require an exceptional leader who is passionate about Customer Experience to support our vision to inspire, exhilarate and delight our customers with human and memorable experiences through culture, design thinking and innovation.
What you'll be doing:
Strategy & Leadership
- Defines and designs fit-for-future CX strategies for our existing brands and new ones
- Adopt design thinking and lead a culture change
- Instill a discipline of continuous improvement, testing, learning, and iterating
- Responsible for creating the vision and driving the CX transformation
- Encourage a culture change where everyone puts the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Responsible for creating the CX operating model, group wide CX team competencies framework, governance model, process flows, KPIs and measures of success
- Responsible for defining and delivering the Group CX mission and vision as well as the brand experience models, CX principles, journey maps and atlas, toolkits etc...
- Support the brands' and business expansion efficiently through the highest standards of customer experience, stakeholder management and cost-effective management of resources, maximizing value, equity, profitability, and growth of the brands
- Direct the development and oversees the implementation of policies, guidelines, and standards so that all requirements are fulfilled while delivering quality and cost-effective experiences to our customers
- Partner with stakeholders to help translate CX challenges to opportunities, advising on way forward providing a structured plan with key KPIs
- Ensure insights inform planning that therefore impact Customer Performance Indicators
- Manage our Voice of the Customer programme
- Manage experience designers, service designers, CX product managers, CX projects managers, CX operations managers, continuous improvement managers, and a regional team to support global operations
- Drive organisational CX capability through a programme of training and development to enable the whole marketing organisation to be upskilled
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality ensuring the vision and strategic roadmap are on track
- Empower customer facing teams to make decisions that benefits the customer and always create exhilarating experiences
Insights and reporting
- Deliver key insights and recommendations to the brands, stakeholders, and partners
- Monitor, measure, and analyse the effectiveness of strategies
- Manage and maintain programs including NPS, VOC, CSAT, social listening, competitive intelligence, industry trends etc...
- Create and present timely performance reports to relevant stakeholders while communicating messages in a simple, clear, unambiguous, relatable, and digestible manner to varying audiences
- Responsible for building all CX data dashboards (executive views, manager views, etc...)
- Manage testing of all new products, experiences, campaigns, designs, stores, software, tech, tools, initiatives, services and uses insights to make data driven decisions
- Act as an advocate to the customer and be the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders
- Responsible for all CX audits, score cards, compliance, and project roadmaps
- Responsible for running monthly/quarterly/annual reviews
- Work closely with the Vice Presidents, General Manages and Heads of Marketing in the brands to drive strong CX strategies, adoption and a culture change.
- Play a leading role in establishing brand CX strategies across managed companies and JVs when necessary
- Develop effective and positive working relationships across the organisation as well as externally
- Manage strategic agencies efficiently
- Participate in the design of all new projects to meet CX requirements and determine the best in market from the full suite of services across various concepts integral to all developments, providing a distinct point of difference and an attractive yield
- Work closely with the brand, insights, analytics, content, projects, tech, product and e-commerce teams to deliver projects efficiently
- Present results and continuous improvement plans in various settings, partnering with key senior leaders to garner feedback, create alignment and attain resources
What you'll need to succeed:
- University degree in marketing, customer experience, design or business graduate from a recognised business school or university - ideally holding an MBA or master's degree from a related subject
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience working on the client side and minimum 10 years of experience leading a team of 10+ people - Luxury and/or retail experience are a plus
- Someone who worked within a large organisation managing CX operations across multiple stores/ destinations/ locations
- Someone with hands on CX operations experience
- Proven experience leading teams, driving adoption and engagement, and leveraging CX best practice
- Experience efficiently managing teams remotely in different geographies
- Excellent data-driven decision-making skills that feed into the internal organisation
- Proactive customer value realization mindset vs. reactive issue resolution mindset.
- Someone who keeps ahead of the curve, equally creative, strategic and analytical
- Innovative and thinks out of the box
- Understanding of working cross functionally
- Excellent communication to bring the ecosystem together
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.