Job description / Role
- Manage the transformation, planning, designing, building and implementation of the bank's core application landscape in IT Responsible for directing a staff of application engineers and IT partners in the development, implementation and support of core applications and the bank's core banking.
- This involves planning, analysis, detailed design, developing/coding, testing and implementation of the components.
- Ensure committed portfolio of projects are delivered within agreed constraints with quality within the timelines.
- Oversee effort to design, build and document core application components
- Plan & Direct the development and configuration of core applications from conceptualization through stabilization using various platforms
- Provide leadership and vision to the overall application engineer group
- Oversee effort in testing, debugging and documenting application
- Direct effort to plan all activities associated with implementation and maintenance of the application(s).
- Reviews development and recommendation of technical strategies and solutions to management.
- Oversee effort to implement application(s) by analyzing the current system environment, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- Assist in defining and reviewing the technical requirements for the application, including security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements.
- Design individual technology components of the application development, execution, or operations architecture.
- Work with other designers and the technical architects to make sure that the architecture components interact to fulfill the requirements and meet performance goals.
- Design and implement quick wins and evaluate whether the results meet performance goals.
- Develop application prototype to evaluate solution options.
- Confirm the completeness and consistency of the design deliverables. Resolve any inconsistencies discovered.
- Inform the technical architect and project manager of any issues that may affect any other project areas.
- Participate in quality management reviews to ensure adherence to all quality management plans and standards.
- Participate in transitioning the designs to the developers to ensure a clear and complete understanding of the designs.
- Develop new solutions or design concepts
- Apply strong business understanding and ask the right questions to design ideas that solve a business objective
- Stay abreast with current industry trends and technology
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Chief Technology Officer
- Strong experience in managing application development teams & core banking transformations
- Extensive understanding and experience in defining and implementing agile and waterfall methodologies, and their seamless co-existence
- Strong programming background at some part of career in atleast 1 of the following: C++, Java- including Database Development, troubleshooting & PL/SQL Scripting.
- Extensive understanding in IT Demand Management, IT Investment Portfolio Management, IT Finance and IT Vendor Management
- Excellent understanding Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables)
- Excellent understanding of Banking Domains (Retail & Corporate, Banking Network, Product Development, Transaction Banking)
- Graduation degree or more.
- Minimum 8 years of IT experience in enterprise architecture, solution architecture and/or IT strategy, solution delivery and enterprise application development
- Minimum 5 years in core banking transformation engagements, preferable from the implementation side
- Proven experience of operating as part of broader leadership team and leading and managing teams of technical experts
- Proven experience in ITIL, Enterprise Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Business Process and Rules Management, Enterprise Content Management, Enterprise Application Development using Java and .NET, Digital Banking, Enterprise Open Source strategies
- Versatile in understanding waterfall and agile development methodologies and its pros, cons and implication in different scenarios
- Strong technical, functional and software engineering capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal English communications
- Analysis, conceptualization
- Leadership and team management
- Planning and organization
- Problem solving
- Excellent Interpersonal relations skills
- Stakeholder Management
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Senior Project Manager
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
IT Manager (Financial Institution)
Stratus Recruitment International
Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Information and Systems Manager
Big Fish Recruitment